An interpreter written in Java from scratch for a subset of the BASIC language.
This is a project that I made for a university exam about Java programming language.
The documentation is written in Italian, sorry... I'm going to translate it as soon as I have some spare time!
By the way, the interpreter can manage some basic constructs in the BASIC language like:
- FOR loops
- WHILE loops
- two kind of basic types: strings and numbers (implemented as doubles)
- logic and arithmetic expressions
- support for nested control structures
- a PRINT function that prints a variable or the result of an expression (both logical or arithmetical) on screen
- an INPUT function that takes a variable in input (from the user's keyboard)
Of course it's a basic project, but it's something I used to understand some basic principles of programming and compiler's structure. Hope that will help you as well!