A community-generated pool of educational content which is useful for engineers of every level. Published content can be found at https://www.section.io/engineering-education/.
Section is partnering with local university computer science programs to create a community-generated pool of content which is useful for engineers of every (any) level.
Content can be found at https://section.io/engineering-education.
The Section team will monitor and manage the overall Program.
- Be sure to sign up to the Section Community Slack Channel at slack.section.io. Once signed up, dm Molly Wojcik for an invite to the #eng-ed-pilot channel.
- To submit an article for consideration, be sure to first check published content to ensure relevance and prevent overlap. Hint: Use the community Slack channel to suggest and get feedback on topic ideas.
- When you're ready to submit a draft for review, open a PR with your draft. (Bonus points for submitting your draft as a .md file.) If you choose to share drafts via a link, please be sure to set the appropriate sharing permissions.
- Articles will be reviewed by the Section team for technical accuracy, relevance, and quality. (We need to be sure we're continuing to build value for our fellow engineering community as a trusted source of content.) Comments and requested revisions will be provided within the open PR.
- Once suggested edits have been incorporated, the Section team will approve your PR and the draft will move to our publishing queue.
- Once your article has been published, we will facilitate payouts for your contribution :)
Help Us Help All
This program is very much in the beginning phases, and we can only improve and add value by working together with our community. Please help us iterate on our processes so that we can grow this program to enrich the larger engineering community. If you see something that needs attention, please submit an issue so we can address it in a timely manner.