Forked from https://github.com/cocktailyogi/EggDuino.
The aim of this fork is to cleanup the codebase to allow hacker to easily add their tweaks.
- config.h: the pin configuration for your board.
- EBBParser: parser interface for the EBB protocol.
- EBBHardware: implement the necessary methods to interpret the events and drive the 2 steppers + servo
To compile it, either use platformio or the Arduino IDE. For the Arduino IDE, the VarSpeedServo librarie need to be installed first.
Arduino Firmware for Eggbot / Spherebot with Inkscape-Integration
Version 1.6a tested with Inkscape Portable 0.91, Eggbot Extension and patched eggbot.py
Regards: Eggduino-Firmware by Joachim Cerny, 2015
Thanks for the nice libs ACCELSTEPPER and SERIALCOMMAND, which made this project much easier. Thanks to the Eggbot-Team for such a funny and enjoyable concept! Thanks to my wife and my daughter for their patience. :-)
- Implemented Eggbot-Protocol-Version 2.1.0
- Turn-on homing: switch-on position of pen will be taken as reference point.
- No collision-detection!!
- Supported Servos: At least one type ;-) I use Arduino Servo-Lib with TG9e- standard servo.
- Full Arduino-Compatible. I used an Arduino Uno
- Button-support (3 buttons)
Tested and fully functional with Inkscape.
Upload Eggduino.ino with Arduino-IDE or similar tool to your Arudino (i.e. Uno)
Disable Autoreset on Arduinoboard (there are several ways to do this... Which one does not matter...)
Install Inkscape Tools wit Eggbot extension. Detailed instructions: (You yust need to complete Steps 1 and 2) http://wiki.evilmadscientist.com/Installing_software
Because of an bug in the Eggbot-extension (Function findEiBotBoards()), the Eggduino cannot be detected by default. Hopefully, the guys will fix this later on. But we can fix it on our own. It is quiete easy:
- Go to your Inkscape-Installationfolder and navigate to subfolder .\App\Inkscape\share\extensions - open File "eggbot.py" in texteditor and search for line: "Try any devices which seem to have EBB boards attached" - comment that block with "#" like this: # Try any devices which seem to have EBB boards attached # for strComPort in eggbot_scan.findEiBotBoards(): # serialPort = self.testSerialPort( strComPort ) # if serialPort: # self.svgSerialPort = strComPort # return serialPort - In my version lines 1355-1360