WAVSEP Installation and Deployment
Clone this wiki locally
(*) Use a JRE/JDK that was installed using an offline installation (the online installation caused unknown bugs for some users).
(1) Download & install Apache Tomcat 7.x
(2) Download & install MySQL Community Server 5.5.x (Remember to enable remote root access if not in the same station as wavsep, and to choose a root password that you remember).
(3) Copy the wavsep.war file into the tomcat webapps directory (Usually "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps" - Windows 32/64 Installer)
(4) Restart the application server
(5) On WinXP, as long as you are using a high privileged user - you can skip this phase, on Win7, make sure you run the tomcat server with administrative privileges (right click on and execute),and on Ubuntu Linux, run the following commands:
sudo mkdir /var/lib/tomcat7/db
sudo chown [tomcat username]:[tomcat user group] /var/lib/tomcat7/db/
sudo chown tomcat:tomcat /var/lib/tomcat7/db/
(6) Initiate the install script at: http://localhost:8080/wavsep/wavsep-install/install.jsp
(7) Provide the database host, port and root credentials to the installation script, in additional to customized wavsep database user credentials.
(8) Access the application at: http://localhost:8080/wavsep/
Troubleshooting Installation Issues
As of version v1.1.1, several installation related issues were fixed (encoding / other). To avoid installation issues, follow these guidelines:
(@) Make sure the JRE/JDK was installed using an offline installer.
(@) Make sure the tomcat server was installed after the offline JRE/JDK installation.
(@) Make sure that the mysql server was installed with remote root connection enabled, and with a firewall rule exception (options in the mysql installer).
(@)If previous versions of wavsep v1.1.0+ were installed, it's best to delete the "db" folder which was created after the previous installation under the tomcat root directory - prior to installing the new version (the installation should work even without this deletion, as long as sql-related pages were not accessed in the current tomcat execution).
(@)If the previous derby database was not deleted prior to the installation for whatever reason, do not access any sql-related existing pages before accessing the schema installation page.
(@)On windows 7+, it might be necessary to run the tomcat server with administrative permissions for the SQLi test cases installation to work properly.