Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
The options for framing command output using the shell integration now support framing only when command output is longer than some line of lines.
People who have been seeing strange drawing problems and/or incorrect background colors can now try the "Reduce graphic effects" option in the General tab in the settings. This changes how the text selection and some other aspects are done and tries to avoid some CSS features which appear to have trouble with certain GPU and driver combinations.
- Option to frame output if it is longer than some amount of lines. issue #194
- Fix bug where rubbish characters can remain on the far right side of the terminal area after resizing the window.
- Added option for reducing graphics effects which trigger buggy drawing in some GPU and driver combinations. issue #209
A lot of work has gone into improving mouse support for applications. Mouse wheel scrolling now works correctly in the
nano text editors and possibly others.
- Add Bracketed paste support.
- Unwrap lines when copying to clipboard. issue #69
- Send mouse wheel events to applications with mouse support. issue #196
- Send cursor up/down to applications using the alternate screen.
- Fix support for right mouse button for applications with mouse support.
- Fix bug where zoom wasn't applied to new frames.
- Replace EmojiOne with Twemoji for better Unicode coverage.
Bug fix release:
- Fix fonts with spaces in their names would fail to load. issue 206
- Use all of the available colored glyphs on Windows.
- Prevent some cases where wide glyphs would be cut in half.
- Fixed a whole lot of memory leaks.
- The application version in
package.jsonis correct this time. issue 207
- Reduce the amount of memory used when updating the terminal. (disable Ace UndoManager)
- Fix problem where horizontal scrolling won't show contents.
- Move focus away from the window maximise button after click.
- Fix the coordinates being out by (1,1) for urxvt mouse reporting.
Cursor styles, blinking and bug fixes
- Added cursor style options underscore/bar and vertical beam.
- Added cursor blink option.
- Fixes to the
list-fonts-jsonutility which may have caused Extraterm not to start up. issue 200
- Fixed bug which caused the text viewer to not resize correctly.
- Make color emoji once again appear on Windows.
Improved character rendering and new features
This feature release brings big internal changes to how characters and text is drawn to the screen. This delivers more accurate glyph rendering and alignment, and in some cases it may also bring a speed boost. Most importantly it brings a solid foundation on which to build many new and many highly requested features.
- Improved character rendering and alignment
- 24bit color support
- Pixel perfect box drawing characters
- Curly character style
- Double underline character style
- "Overline" character style
- More Tips
- "Show and focus" how key will show the window but not properly focus. issue 203
- Improvements to how different screen DPIs are handled.
- Fixed bug which sometimes caused the terminal to have the wrong size at start up.
- Fixed the keyboard shortcuts in the tips.
- Added needed DLLs on Window for the font detection code. issue 200
Bug fix release:
- Fix the
list-font-json.exewhich had some compile weirdness which causes problems for some. issue 192
- Improvements and clarifications to the keybindings interface. issue 193
- Fix for switching tabs via keyboard messing things up when in edit mode.
- Fix for the problem where the command palette would sometimes refuse focus.
- Fixes for the
showcommand. It now detects and shows more text file formats.
- Fix the problem where the clipboard copy and paste shortcuts don't work. issue 190
This feature release adds the option to change the title shown in terminal tabs. Fields and icons are available to format the tab title. It is accessible via the "Edit title" command or context menu on the tab. (Specifying tab titles for session type will be added in the future.)
- Terminal tab titles can be edited.
- Double click selecting words now accepts a wider range of characters. issue 178
- An initial current directory can be specified for sessions. issue 184
- Allow the UI to scale when screen DPI changes. issue 179
- Prevent the text areas from scrolling too far at times and looking wrong
- Fix the Atomic Light and Dark themes which failed to load.
- Make the image viewer work again. issue 177
- Fix support for WSL Linux installations which mount drives in different locations. issue 155
- Fix a bug which prevented the Tip dropdown from opening.
- Cosmetic fixes for the UI in the Audio viewer.
- Instances of "toogle" have become "toggle". issue 174