A spritesheet rendering plugin for Blender.
What it does
Renders the scene from multiple directions and saves the results as separate files.
Multiple frames can be rendered. The animation frame range is read from the regular
Start Frame and
End Frame rendering properties.
Create an Empty and make the models to be rotated its children. This can be done by selecting all the objects, picking the parent Empty object last and pressing Ctrl+P.
Then set the correct settings from the
Sprite Batch Rendering section of the
Render-tab for controls. You can see the rendering status messages in the system console (Window > Toggle System Console). Click Render Batch to begin rendering.
You can cancel the rendering by pressing CTRL+C in the System Console window.
Example .blend file
http://www.lofibucket.com/blender/suzanne2.blend is an example how to set up the scene for sprite rendering.
The setup is the following:
- Camera projection is set to orthographic mode
- Scene render size is set to 128x128
- Frame range has been set to 0-0
- Sky color is set to transparent.
Output path must be of format
%s will be replaced by frame name and rotation step respectively.
When rendering ZDoom compatible sprites, the following naming schemes need to be used.
- 8 steps, set step names to
- 16 steps, set step names to
Tested with Blender 2.81a.
- Download sprite_batch_render.py directly or as a .zip archive..
- In Blender User Preferences, open the Add-ons section, press the Install... button and pick the downloaded
sprite_batch_render.py. You should now see the plugin under the Render section in the Add-on listing.
- Enable the plugin by checking the small checkbox on the right hand side of the plugin name.
You should now see the
Sprite Batch Rendering controls under the
Render tab of the
- If you want lighting to stay constant, also parent the light to the root Empty object.
COPYING for details.