Welcome to MovieNight!
MovieNight is an app for people that prefer watching movies than arguing on titles.
It comes from an idea I had with my love, when a day we spent more time choosing the movie than actually watching it.
I thought we could create a personal movie watchlist (with movies that you want to watch or re-watch), so when you are with your friends or your partner, the app cross-compares the lists and tells which films you both want to watch. Easy, no?
- Search for movies and add them to your watchlist (TMDB api)
- Search for people and send friendship requests
Currently we have the following models:
Wish represents the movie that a
User wants to watch, it's basically a lookup table between
When the user logs in and searches for a movie, the
RemoteMoviesController makes a request to the TMDB api and presents a list with the requested movies. When the user clicks on a movie, we create (if needed) a new record on the movies table (caching some info from tmdb), then we create a new
Wish that relates the
Movie with the
Friendship represent a friendship request: has a sender and a receiver. To represent that the
receiver has confirmed the friendship, we just fill the confirmation date on the friendship,
otherwise remains a pending request.
- Movie sync from TMDB - done
- Move movie search from TMDB to local db
- Get more details when searching for a movie (or while browsing your watchlist)
- Public profile page - done
- Unified search for movies and friends
- Search directors (director page with movies)
- Notifications for friendship requests
- Facebook login (now just Google login)
- Movie suggestor
- Movie reviews
- "Wall" where you can see your friends' updates (reviews, watchlists updates)
- Event creation, invite friends, commenting events (Date-chooser à la Doodle?)
bundle bin/rails db:create db:migrate bin/rails s
App is running at localhost:3000.
bundle exec rspec