Welcome to µ-CA. This tool will help you to perform basic tasks with your CA, X.509 certificates in general and GnuPG:
- Create CA as files
- or Create CA on a SmartCard
- or Create CA as files and store on SmartCard
- Create intermediate CA
- Sign other certificates
- Backup CA key with n-of-m scheme key sharing
- Create client certificates with and without SmartCard
- Basic SmartCard functions: Info, Read, Write, Generate keys, Reset
- show SSH keys for use with current SmartCard
This tool is written in Bash. Other dependencies are OpenSSL, OpenSC, GPG (version 2) and ssss.
On Debian/Ubuntu just type:
sudo apt-get install opensc opensc-pkcs11 libengine-pkcs11-openssl openssl gnupg2
The µ-CA-Tool was developed with focus on Nitrokey Pro and Crypto Stick. However other OpenPGP-Cards and PKCS#11 compliant SmartCards should work as well, e.g. Nitrokey Storage, Yubikey Neo or the FSFE Fellowship Smart Card.