Tools to create Ubuntu GNU/Linux image for thin clients. It boots via network and works entirely from memory.
Doesn't need to mount root fileystem from network share, like DisklessUbuntu. Works much better in slow or unreliable networks: clients do not slow down or hang up because of network lags. Here is an article on how it works.
Most common use case is creating custom thin clilent for RDP terminals.
This project was originaly created by efim-a-efim.
- Easily add any software from rich Ubuntu repositories: browser, photo/video recorder for camera, skype, media player, etc. This is not so easy for other thin clients, using their own package base, like ThinStation.
- Overlays(file archives) can be mounted over root filesystem, allowing different thin stations to have different configs/software, without building many different images.
- Compressed RAM(zram) is used to make possible running on devices with low memory.
- Build - create and customize your own thinclient
- Deploy - bring it to production servers
- Internals - see how it ticks under the hood
P.S. If this code is useful for you - don't forget to put a star on it's github repo.