CNTP - Custom New Tab Page
New standalone version of the Chrome Extension Chrome-CNTP.
- Feed Reader :: supports Atom 1.0, RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0 and Media RSS
- Weather Forecast :: provided by yr.no
- Bookmarks :: add URLs for quick access
- Notes :: quickly write down notes (text URLs will be linkified)
- Page Layout Generator :: create your own custom grid-based layout
- CSS Themes :: choose one of the packaged themes or create your own custom look with pure CSS
- Cross-Platform :: desktop and mobile layout
- User Management :: comes with a complete login system
- Database :: uses a mysql database for caching and the configuration
- Web Server (Apache)
- MySQL DB (MariaDB)
Follow a guide and check out other helpful resources.
If you just want to run the page locally, configuring
Listen 127.0.0.1:80 and pointing the
DocumentRoot to the
CNTP/webroot folder should be sufficient.
Make sure that the web server can access the files. Example for user/group http:
chgrp -R http CNTP/ chmod -R 750 CNTP/
Follow a guide. The login system requires a sendmail client (I use msmtp).
Here are some required (or recommended) settings in the php.ini:
extension=curl extension=mysqli sendmail_path = "/usr/bin/msmtp -t" session.use_cookies = 1 session.cookie_lifetime = 2592000
- create a user and a new database (help)
- initialize the db with the provided sql dump -->
- fill out
General Page Setting:
precache folder is an optional systemd service+timer that automatically precaches feeds for active users every 15 minutes.
This is just a hobby project. If you find bugs or have suggestions please let me know! :)