- Added .inward() api method.
- Added .outward() api method.
- Made logging safely stringify input.
- Fixed memory leak / timeout bug in gate-executor.
- Correct issue with log handlers not working via command line
- Extracted out log handling into seneca-log-filters for ease of reuse in custom loggers
- Replaced the default log handler's filter logic with seneca-log-filters
- Bumped patrun to correct incorrect matches with partial patterns due to missing catchall
- Added error handling example in docs/examples/error-handling.js.
- Changed boot log message from 'hello' to 'seneca-started'.
- Updated salestax examples to work correctly.
- Removed old legacy parsing handlers as they caused crashes
- Added testable transport links
- Refactored 'old' logging into it's own external plugin; seneca-legacy-logger.
- Added new adaptor based JSON logging. External loggers can now be used with Seneca.
- Created new 'built-in' logger which is used as the default logger if none are provided.
- Corrected bug in Seneca.util.deepextend via Lodash version bump.
- Updated gate-executor plugin to fix issues in load determinism and generally improve perf.
- Replaced large swathes custom code with Lodash to improve speed and reliability.
- Exposed parsepattern function via seneca.util.parsepattern as required by seneca-chain to function.
- Removed all 'dead' code marked legacy. Updated other parts of codebase with legacy comments for v.next.
- Removed default settings for seneca-admin as it is not a default loaded plugin.
options.actcache.activeto be false by default. Disables actcache feature by default.
options.schemaas it was only partially checking and needs a rethink.
- Removed mem-store as a required dependency in the package.
- Devolved store logic in 'store.js' fully to seneca-entity. Entites are now 'fully removed'.
- Devolved chain functionality into seneca-chain and removed from library. Moved all related tests.
- Devolved pin functionality into seneca-pin and removed from library. Moved all related tests.
- Removed seneca-web as a default loaded plugin. Removed related tests. Removed from package.
- Removed seneca-cluster as a default loaded plugin. Removed related tests. Removed from package.
- Removed seneca-seneca as a default loaded plugin. Removed related tests. Removed from package.
- Removed seneca-echo as a default loaded plugin. Removed related tests. Removed from package.
- Removed seneca-basic as a default loaded plugin. Removed related tests. Removed from package.
- Removed seneca-repl as a default loaded plugin. Removed related tests. Removed from package.
- Removed seneca-parambulator as a default loaded plugin. Removed related tests. Removed from package.
- Removed parambulator as a default loaded plugin. Removed related tests. Removed from package.
- Removed joi as a default loaded plugin. Removed related tests. Removed from package.
- Moved min required version of Node to greater than
0.12are no longer supported.
- Added support for Node
6.xwith minimal changes to account for api differences.
- Removed LTS doc as it gives the wrong information. Website update to follow.
- Updated all dependencies. Locked deps because of
0.xsupport have been updated too.
- Modified tests to account for breaking changes in both lab and code after updating to latest.
- Updated eslint-config-seneca with local rules and removed. Corrected peer dependency issues around linting plugins.
- Annotations are no longer stored in the repo and must be generated locally. Annotations are found in
- Annotations now work for the whole library, not just
- Coverage report now generates as
/docs/coverage.htmland is not stored in the repo.
- Coverage and Annotations can now be generated via
npm run coverageand
npm run annotaterespectively.
- Paired back and updated travis file. Plugins are now tested via
seneca-test-riginstead of with Seneca.
- Moved older examples into folders for clarity and added another 5 examples showing more concepts; see
- Removed ALL redundant code files from
testput stubs in
test/stubsfolder. All tests are now in the root.
- Added test to show how to use exportmap in plugins to export values and functions; see
- Removed old release scripts in favour of
docs/examples/create-a-release.mdand using seneca-test-rig for plugin testing.
- Fix for parambulator not correctly testing messages. PR #422
- Parambulator validation logic moved to it's own plugn. PR #420
- Allow validation provider to be swapped out (requires flag). PR #420
- Improvements to the test rig. PR #427, #405
- Filter undefined options. PR #386
- Enhancement to README. PR #391
- Update transport version to 1.2.0. PR #377
- Remove Seneca as a dependency. PR #378
- Remove entities as a default plugin. PR #379
- Add setting for immediate pinning. PR #358
- Allow overriding action timeout. PR #359
- Use lodash defaultsDeep to implement util.deepextend. PR #364
- Update transport dependency. PR #372
- Default tag when undefined. PR #349
- Update transport dependency. PR #351
- Update transport dependency. PR #352
- Add test and return listener address info. PR #353
- Add test for pinning. PR #357
- Entity is now loaded as a plugin from the seneca-entity module. PR #343
actnow can receive more than two arguments in the callback. PR #341
- Plugin options can now be loaded and provided asynchronously to future plugins. See Issue #293 for further details.
Senecais now exposed as a property on the main exports. PR #320
strict.findis a new option. It allows not-found actions to default to returning an empty object as the result, instead of erroring. PR #333
seneca-webis now at version 0.7.0, which includes support for hapi. PR #331
seneca-basicare updated to the latest versions. PR #332 All issues for v1.1.0 are contained in the 1.1.0 milestone
- Fixed API wrapper so that original function name preserved. Issue #296
- Fixed CLI
--seneca.print.treearg so that it works correctly. Issue #235
- Seneca instance now passed as property on
addcallback function. PR #290
- Dependencies updated to latest versions. PR #285 and #304
- Fixed calling error handler twice with the same error. Issue #245
- Fixed npm install error message. Issue #274
- Updated transport plugin to recent version
- Fixed seneca Error when loading old style plugin
- Revert deprecation warning from 0.9.0 when calling
actduring plugin initialization
- Fixed pins only working when they are provided as strings plus additional tests PR 268
actnow displays a deprecation warning when its invoked within a plugin initialization function. To disable deprecation warnings, run node with
--no-deprecation. PR 254
private$is now exposed on seneca object. PR 260
- The repl is now an external plugin, enabled by default. To disable set
default_plugins.replto false when creating seneca object. PR 255
- Cluster is now an external plugin, enabled by default. To disable set
default_plugins.clusterto false when creating seneca object. PR 256
- Closing seneca now removes all relevant event listeners. PR 259
- Internal cleanup and organization of code, as well as more tests.
- Fixed seneca.print.tree[all] argument not being passed correctly to optioner. Issue 177.
- Fix minor memory leak, when seneca closed it didn't detach process listeners. Pull request 230 and issue 226.
- Fix api_delegate not calling client and server with arguments. Pull request 218.
- Throw when trying to use seneca in cluster mode on node 0.10. This is do to to cluster support in node not working correctly prior to version 0.12.0. Pull request 227.
- Outdated dependencies are updated to their latest stable ES5 versions.
Pull request 236.
- New function added to seneca named
decorate. Used to extend the core seneca object with new functionality. Pull request 233.
- Support data store
merge$ability. Pull request 217.
- Support added for arrays to be used as defaults in actions. Issue 185.
General code cleanup and linting of internal code to follow style guide.
More tests were also added to increase code coverage. Pull requests 207, 208, 214, 215, 223, 229, 238
For all of the release information please view the 0.8.0 milestone on github: https://github.com/senecajs/seneca/milestones/0.8.0
- Fix support for catchall (without pins) clients. Issue 199. Pull request 200.
- repl now supports quit/exit command
- seneca.sub provides subscription pattern via meta$.sub
- support node 4
- update to patrun 0.5; now supports glob adds
- new documentation system
- revert to non-strict adds so that priors can be subset patterns, see issues 145, 149
- bug fixes for issues: 144, 141, 143
- documentation article on priors, issue 147
- Use lab instead of mocha for unit testing
- Use jsonic.stringify for consistent object string descriptions
- Fix action-id/transaction-id edge cases; ids now transfer fully over priors and processes
- Moved to docpad for github pages site
- Rewrote getting started guide
- Bug fixes for github issues: 135
- REPL enhanced, now accepts literal jsonic patterns and traces action flow
- Option debug.callpoint adds call point source file and line number tracing to logging
- Bug fixes for github issues: 106, 125, 87, 110, 114, 130
- Added logging option: --seneca.log.short makes all ids 2 chars in length
- Added debug option: --seneca.print.tree(.all) - prints pattern tree to console
- Bug fixes and minor updates to seneca-transport, seneca-web, seneca-basic, seneca-mem-store
- "zig" style control flow for neater code
- Much improved error logging and action tracing
- Plugin initialization errors are fatal
- Transport mapping sub-system completely refactored
- Bug fixes for github issues: 92, 88, 86, 80, 97
- Bug fixes for github issues: 70, 65, 48, 45
- More standardized log messages that keep fields consistent
- Regexp can be used to filter logs
- Refactored plugin code into lib/plugin-utils
- Fixed most github issues
- Removed builtin plugins - all now in separate modules.
- Updated to seneca-web 0.2 - now with admin module
- Fixed broken .client and .listen chaining
- Major update to message transport mechanism
- Added plugin init queue so seneca.ready is no longer required
- Added role:util,note:true actions for note storage, for inter-plugin data sharing
- Moved plugin loading to new module, use-plugin
- Moved utility functions to common
- Removed deprecated functions
- Added action execution cache
- Improved error reporting
- Moved standard store test to separate seneca-store-test module
- use norma for api function arguments
- parambulator arg checking moved into arg specification
- stats moved outside to rolling-stats module
- seneca.fix sets fixed args
- started annotating source code
- small improvement to error handling and logging
- moved web to own module, seneca-web
- moved transport to own module, seneca-transport
- transport now uses patterns, no longer hard-coded into seneca.js
- moved pattern matcher into own module: patrun
- added stats collection for actions
- jshint applied to code, use npm run-script build
- argsparser replaced with jsonic module
- added act_if convenience method
- deepextend can handle circular references
- argprops cleans $ args
- parambulator arg validation logged
- added listen method for easy launching of services
- added client method for easy http access of services
- add export feature for plugins
- seneca.depends - check plugin dependencies registered
- API CHANGE: seneca.fail throws if no callback
- API CHANGE: seneca.http, mapping spec, data:true means place req.body into 'data' arg
- API CHANGE: no async inside module def init:plugin used instead for async init
- API CHANGE: seneca.service replaced by seneca.export('web')
- Entities get an inspect() function for util.inspect
- Entity.toString prints nicer object values
- SENECA_LOG environment variable can be used instead of --seneca.log command line arg
- Seneca instance given to plugin init function includes a context object with reference to calling code module
- Logging output slightly prettier
- Config plugin looks for seneca.config.js in calling code folder
- Config plugin supports environments
- seneca.util.deepextend supports boxed types, thanks Mircea!