Remove WP Update Nags
Free WordPress plugin that removes all WP Update Nags, great for if you want to stay on WP 4.9.x and do not want to be constantly "reminded".
Last updated on March 8, 2021
Development version 1.5.0
requires at least WordPress 4.9
tested up to WordPress 5.7
GDPR-compliant: does not collect any user data
If you have decided to stay on WordPress version 4.9.x instead of joining the block-craze going on in WP-circles, then you will quickly get tired of the constant nags all over the WordPress Dashboard.
The Remove WP Update Nags plugin takes care of the following nags:
- it removes the main nag that shows at the top of every page
- it removes the Updates submenu of the main Dashboard sidebar menu; plugins and themes updates can be seen on their resp. pages
- it adjusts the admin footer by simply showing the current version of the WP install instead of the line with a link
The plugin also adds a few filters to make sure the site only receive minor (point release) updates. In other words the auto update to 4.9.x is allowed, but the auto update to 5.x.x is not.
There are no settings, simply install and be free from update nags.
We support this plugin exclusively through Github. Therefore, if you have any questions, need help and/or want to make a feature request, please open an issue here. You can also browse through open and closed issues to find what you are looking for and perhaps even help others.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
If you like the Remove WP Update Nags plugin, please consider leaving a review. Thanks!
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do after installing and activating the plugin?
After installing and activating the plugin you can enjoy a nag-free WordPress Dashboard. There is no settings page.
Does Remove WP Update Nags work with WordPress 5.x?
The Remove WP Update Nags is specifically developed for people who want to remain on WordPress 4.9.x, but if you fancy, you can also use the plugin on WP versions of 5.0 and above.
Does Remove WP Update Nags work with ClassicPress?
Similar as above, the Remove WP Update Nags is specifically developed for people who want to remain on WordPress 4.9.x, but if you want to use it on ClassicPress, then rest assured that it has been tested with ClassicPress and works there too.
I have an issue with this plugin, where can I get support?
Please open an issue on Github
We welcome your contributions very much! PR's will be considered and of course bug reports and feature requests can also be seen as contributions! If you're interested in becoming involved, please let us know or simply send a PR with your proposed improvement.
- License: GNU Version 3 or Any Later Version
- License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
- Donate link: https://so-wp.com/donations
Connect with us through
- July 1, 2019
- remove Freemius
- March 2, 2019
- update Freemius SDK to patch security vulnerability reported here
- January 9, 2019
- add Freemius
- January 7, 2019
- approved for listing on WP Plugins Directory
- complete rewrite of plugin
- January 3, 2019
- Change function prefixes to more unique ones, to comply with plugin review
- January 2, 2019
- Submit plugin to WP.org Plugins Directory for approval