subsonic, supporting its many clientsFLOSS alternative to
- browsing by folder (keeping your full tree intact)
- browsing by tags (using taglib - supports mp3, opus, flac, ape, m4a, wav, etc.)
- pretty fast scanning (with my library of ~27k tracks, initial scan takes about 10m, and about 5s after incrementally)
- last.fm scrobbling
- multiple users
- a web interface for configuration (set up last.fm, manage users, start scans, etc.)
- newer salt and token auth
- tested on dsub and jamstash
the default login is admin/admin.
password can then be changed from the web interface
$ apt install build-essential git sqlite libtag1-dev # for debian like $ pacman -S base-devel git sqlite taglib # for arch like $ go get senan.xyz/g/gonic/cmd/gonic $ export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/go/bin $ gonic -h # or see "configuration options below"
note: unfortunately if you do this above, you'll be compiling gonic locally on your machine (if someone knows how I can statically link sqlite3 and taglib, please let me know so I can distribute static binaries)
or else you can run in docker, available on dockerhub as
# example docker-compose.yml version: '3' services: gonic: image: sentriz/gonic:latest environment: - TZ # optionally, see env vars below expose: - 80 volumes: - ./data:/data - /path/to/music:/music:ro
then start with
docker-compose up -d
|env var||command line arg||description|
||path to your music collection|
||optional path to database file|
||optional host and port to listen on (eg.
||optional interval (in minutes) to check for new music (automatic scanning disabled if omitted)|