Templates for Monitoring Studio X
In a BMC TrueSight Operations Management environment, Monitoring Studio X will integrate natively as a regular KM for PATROL. But a single standalone PATROL Agent with Monitoring Studio KM will be enough to cover a small environment (less than 200 servers, typically).
You will need:
How to use a template
Each template is in a separate sub-directory in [./templates](//github.com/sentrysoftware/studi oX-templates/tree/master/templates).
Download the .cfg file and import it in Monitoring Studio X.
In Monitoring Studio X, create the Host you want to monitor with this Template and apply the Template.
Read carefully the associated README.md for instructions on the required configuration and technical prerequisites of the Template.
Support and Maintenance
To be clear: these monitoring Templates may be provided by Sentry Software, but they are provided for free and no support or maintenance is guaranteed on these from Sentry Support. Monitoring Studio X itself, however, is fully supported (if you are an entitled customer!).
Problems with these templates can be raised on GitHub as an Issue. If you find a problem with a Template, DO NOT HESITATE to fix it yourself and share with the community! See the Contributing section below! :-)
Anyone is welcome to contribute in this library of monitoring templates for Monitoring Studio X!
- Fork the sentrysoftware.studioX-templates repository. As a result, you will have your own studioX-templates repository in your GitHub account.
- Create a branch from master with a proper name describing the addition or change you intend to bring
- Commit your changes to this branch, and push this commit to your studioX-templates repository on GitHub. The changes must include:
- A new sub-directory in ./templates for a new Template
- The template
.CFGfile, as exported from Monitoring Studio X
- a short README.md that explains what the Templates monitors and how to configure it (the content of README.md is typically the same as the description field of the Template object)
- Submit a Pull Request to the master branch of the sentrysoftware/studioX-templates repository.
Thank you! :-)