I'm Jennifer Mathews, also known as the SEOGoddes. I have been obsessed with search engine optimization for over 20 years now. I am considered a thought leader in the SEO industry having spoken at many events on behalf of SEO and enterprise SEO, write for industry publications, have managed SEO and SEO teams for large organizations, served as Director for succesful startups and ran entire events for search marketing and social media marketing. I am currently GitHub's SEO Manager working with teams across the organization to optimize projects and all aspects of GitHub properties.
Feel free to reach out to me with anything related to SEO.
Catch Me On Social Media
Articles I have Published
You can find the latest articles published as a contributing author on Search Engine Journal.
Here's a list of some of my favorites:
- Enterprise SEO: Communication Within Your SEO Teams Learn best practices for establishing effective communication lines and coordination between SEO teams in an enterprise setting.
- How to Calculate ROI for SEO When Targeting a Set of Keywords This six-step guide will help you set up a spreadsheet where you can calculate your ROI for SEO based on keyword volume data.
- The Difference Between an SEO Bug & a Feature Request Here’s how to understand the difference between a bug and a feature request when approaching enterprise SEO issues.
- How & Why Google’s Neural Matching Is Impacting Your Site Discover how Google’s neural matching algorithm might be affecting your website.
- What Is Rank Transition & What Does It Mean for SEO? Learn what rank transition is, according to Google’s Ranking Documents patent, and what it means for SEO.
- 20 Things I Learned From 20 Years of Working in the SEO Industry A seasoned SEO professional shares 20 of the most important lessons she has learned from two decades of experience in the industry.
Companies I Managed SEO for:
Websites I Tinker With
|Having grown up on Vashon-Maury Island, and a 4th generation Vashonite, I created this local information website for Vashon and Maury Islands located just West of Seattle and North of Tacoma in Washington state's Puget Sound. Full of things to do and local business listings, locals and visitors can find everything they need there.||An site full of the basic information around being a cloud developer, DevOps, CI/CD, DevSecOps and more.||An SEO experiment to develop a site with recipes and cooking information. Still under development and scheduled to be ready sometime in 2021. The site will get you rright to just the recipe and will have no advertising. Yes, truly just grub me...|