SeqAn - The Library for Sequence Analysis
What Is SeqAn?
SeqAn is an open source C++ library of efficient algorithms and data structures for the analysis of sequences with the focus on biological data. Our library applies a unique generic design that guarantees high performance, generality, extensibility, and integration with other libraries. SeqAn is easy to use and simplifies the development of new software tools with a minimal loss of performance.
The SeqAn library itself, the tests and demos are licensed under the very permissing 3-clause BSD License. The licenses for the applications themselves can be found in the LICENSE files.
- Linux, Mac OSX, FreeBSD:
- GCC ≥ 4.9
- Clang/LLVM ≥ 3.5
- Intel Compiler ≥ 16.0.2
- Visual C++ ≥ 14.0 / Visual Studio ≥ 2015
- Intel Compiler ≥ 16.0.3 / Visual Studio ≥ 2015u2
- Clang/C2 ≥ 3.8.0 / Visual Studio ≥ 2015u3 [experimental, requires CMake ≥ 3.6]
We test on 32-bit and 64-bit Intel/AMD architectures, although we highly recommend 64-bit platforms.
- To build tests, demos, and official SeqAn applications you also need:
- CMake ≥ 3.0 (http://cmake.org/)
Some of the official applications might have additional requirements or work only on a subset of platforms.