The Node.js-based server for interaction with the SerGIS Web Client for the SerGIS Project
- The server must have a recent version of node.js and npm (usually installed with node.js).
- SerGIS Server has a few node.js dependencies; to install these, run
npm installin a terminal in the root directory of the codebase.
- Make sure the submodules in
sergis-clientare there (if you cloned the git repo, run
git submodule initand/or
git submodule update).
- To run the required grunt tasks,
grunt-climust be installed. To do this, run:
npm install -g grunt-cli
- SerGIS Server requires a running MongoDB server. The path to the MongoDB server can be set in
- Make sure to create the
uploadsdirectories if you are using them for
Configuring the Server
Before running the server, check the config file (
config.js), and change any relevant configuration variables.
Starting the Server
grunt distto run cssmin and uglifyjs, or
gruntto run those and jshint. (Running grunt is required to create the static files necessary for the server.)
node server.jsto see what you can do, or
node server.js startto start the HTTP/socket server!
- Add new access level: "Unlisted" (only shows up in game listings for game owner and admins, but anyone with the link can access)
- Add ability to edit existing games (if either we own the game, or if we're an admin)
- Add ability for admins to "impersonate" another user in the Author and see their unfinished (author) games
- Add ability to "Remember Me" at login
- Make server cope better with MongoDB crashing
Copyright (c) 2015, SerGIS Project Contributors. All rights reserved. Use of this source code is governed by the MIT License, which can be found in the LICENSE.txt file.
For more, see