- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Tutorial Videos
Clone this wiki locally
The Bukkit Plugin ServerSigns provides the ability to bind commands, messages and actions to signs and every other block in Minecraft.
As soon as a player clicks on a ServerSign, the configured actions are executed in the order and with the settings you specified.
Download ServerSigns at bukkit.org
ServerSigns has been developed, maintained and regularly updated since 2011. Starting with only the possibility to bind simple commands to a sign, it has become a large and feature rich Bukkit Plugin.
Some of the main features:
- No limit: Unlimited commands per ServerSign
Multi-role: Assign a variety of actions whenever a sign is clicked (even define different commands for right/left clicks)
- Messages: Send messages to the player
- Broadcasts: Send messages to the whole server
- Player commands: Executes commands as if the player typed it in chat
- Server commands: Executes commands as if it was executed from the server console
- Delayed actions: Any action can be delayed (from seconds to months)
- Looped actions: Any ServerSign can be converted to loop server commands with defined intervals
- Require permissions: ServerSigns can be set up to require permissions to use
- Grant permissions: Grants players temporary permissions to execute the commands
- Per-sign costs: Bind exp, money, and item costs to ServerSigns
- Protected: Automatically protects every ServerSign and any attached blocks.
- Basic scripting: Implement if/else and return statements in commands on ServerSigns
Help Pages / Documentation
Reporting Bugs / Requesting Features
When reporting bugs, requesting features, or providing any other constructive feedback that will require code alterations you must submit a ticket here to have your voice heard and action taken (if required). Any topics of this nature that are presented through any other means will henceforth be ignored.
Before you create a ticket, you need to make sure that the feature you are requesting isn't already implemented (read all of the wiki pages which show ServerSigns features), or the bug you want fixed hasn't already been resolved in the latest development build (a rolling change log is kept on the development build page, use this for reference)
When submitting a ticket, please be as descriptive and informative as possible. If reporting a bug or flaw, then show all the steps required to reproduce the problem, also attach any and all related screenshots or other files to the ticket. If requesting a new feature, then please be as detailed as possible so we have a very clear idea of what it is you're suggesting - that way if we do implement your suggestion, this ensures it is exactly as you want it to be.
Once you have submitted a ticket, rest assured that it will be handled. We do not give a definite time frame for replies or actual alterations, but we try our absolute best to get tickets resolved as soon as possible. Please do not: bump tickets, raise multiple tickets for the same issue, send PMs to our developers, or discuss the ticket in the comments section. Tickets that do not meet the expectations outlined here will likely be declined without comment.
This plugin utilizes an auto-updating feature that will check for the latest ServerSigns build and automatically download that build if it is newer than the currently installed one. This can be disabled by setting 'check_for_updates' to false in the config.yml
This plugin uses Metrics to gather basic non-identifiable statistical data such as the number of ServerSigns you are using, your plugin version, and other standard mcstats.org data. You can opt-out of this feature by setting 'metrics_opt_out' to true in the config.yml. A full list of gathered information can be found here.