Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Videos and presentations
Clone this wiki locally
Here are some videos, presentations, and other media that various contributors have created so far.
- Servo Architecture; Safety & Performance by Jack Moffitt at Linux.conf.au 2017 in Hobart, Australia.
- Servo on The Changelog. An interview with Jack Moffitt.
- Servo: Today & Tomorrow by Jack Moffitt presented at the Web Engines Hackfest 2016.
- Soledad Penades presents Servo: a browser engine for the 21st century
- Patrick Walton presents WebRender, Servo's new GPU renderer for CSS content, animating any page at 60+ fps, at the February 2016 Bay Area Rust Meetup.
- Servo Training at Mozilla Whistler Workweek 2015 by Lars Bergstrom. (slides)
- Servo at LinuxCon Japan 2015 (slides)
- Servo and YOU: A Beginner's Guide to Contributing, 2015-02-01. Slides from a FOSDEM 2015 talk by Josh Matthews. (video)
- Servo: Building a Parallel Browser, 2015-01 (slides). A talk from LCA2015 by Jack Moffitt.
- Introduction to Servo, 2014-11-04. A brownbag presentation at the Mozilla office by Lars Bergstrom.
Bay Area Rust Meetup, 2014-11-06. Includes five presentations:
- Matt Brubeck - Let's build a browser engine! (slides, more info)
- Keegan McAllister - The html5ever parser and Rust metaprogramming (slides)
- Patrick Walton - Parallelizing the browser from the ground up
- Eric Atkinson - Research on incremental layout
- Josh Matthews - So you want to be a Servo wizard...
- Servo: Parallelizing the Browser - Josh Matthews' overview talk at FOSDEM 2014
- LinuxCon US 2014 (slides)
- Introduction to Servo Project, 2013-05-28. This was an internal conference that was recorded.
- Architecting Servo: Pipelines and Parallelism, 2013 This presentation by Tim Kuehn (Mozilla intern summer 2013) talks about his architecture for pipelines and how they changed to support iframes and more parallelism
- Servo: Designing and Implementing a Parallel Browser, 2013 - Jack Moffitt's talk from Strange Loop
- Servo: Parallelizing the Browser - Josh Matthews' overview talk at Mozilla Taipei (fall 2013)
- Servo: The parallel web engine - Bruno Abinader's overview talk at FISL 15
- Servo Architecture (slides notes) - Jack Moffitt's talk from the meeting in Suwon on Servo architecture
- Rust Patterns (slides code notes) - Lars Bergstrom's talk on Rust programming patterns including making safe abstractions from unsafe code and phantom types
- Layout/ACID2 (slides notes) - jaemonpark, joonwonlee on the ACID2 remaining issues
- Rust Runtime - (notes) Brian Anderson's talk on the Rust runtime
- Rust Concurrency - (code notes) Brian Anderson's talk on the Rust concurrency
- Parallelism - (slides notes) Ryan and Pradeep's talk on parallelism
- Debugging and editing tools (and workflow), 2013 (slides notes ) - Lars, Keegan, and Pradeep's demos and explanations
- Servo: A Parallel Browser Engine, 2012-11-20. This presentation by Brian Burg (a former Servo intern) covers quite a bit.
- Formal Layout Specification, 2014-06-13 - Rastislav Bodik and Eric Atkinson
- Robert O'Callahan's mega-presentation, 2012 - Wide-ranging topics about browser implementation.
- Enter the Compartment - Bobby Holley's presentation on script security and architecture in Gecko
- Faster HTML and CSS: Layout Engine Internals for Web Developers - talk by David Baron on Gecko layout
- Compositing in Blink and WebKit - talk by Shawn Singh
- Fireside Chat with Brendan Eich This covers the high level goals of the Rust and Servo projects.