Test Driven Django
Learn TDD by building an API in Django. This workshop was presented at DjangoCon EU 2018 by Brenton Cleeland.
The general structure of the workshop is as follows:
- Introduction to TDD and its guiding principles
- Build an API to return the current time together
- Build the same API yourself to practice your TDD
- Extend the solution using TDD to complete the workshop
Follow the Getting Started instructions to create a virtualenv and project to kick things off.
Once you've created a project:
- The Time API Kata
- Your turn: build the Time API yourself
- Extend the api with timezone support
- Add support for looking up the timezone for a city
The workshop slides are available in the slides directory and online here: