Responsive Layouts for Email
Antwort offers responsive layouts for Email that both fits and adapts to client widths. Don't underwhelm desktop users with single column layouts that work for mobile. Antwort offers columns on desktop that automatically become rows on mobile.
Author: Julie Ng (@jng5)
Date: January 2013
- Works on mobile: Mail on iOS and Email on Android.
- Works in major clients like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo! and AOL.
- Even works in Outlook (2000+).
- Bulletproof layouts: made with dynamic content in mind.
- Minimalist in design for maximum customizability.
- More details on Antwort site »
How to use
Tools and Resources
- Campaign Monitor's Guide to CSS Support - reference table for CSS support in major email clients.
- CSS Inliner Tool from MailChimp.
- Premailer another CSS inline tool. Also generates text version.
- Litmus for testing Emails across clients.
- Fixed issue #8 - headlines no longer centered in Outlook.com and older Outlook.
- Fixed issue #7 - moved padding overrides to parent
<td>in mobile styles.
- Fixed column margin issue after Hotmail/Outlook dropped margin support.
- Issue #5 fixed - Outlook.com parses HTML tags in comments.
- Issue #3 fixed - control characters removed from template.
- Added screenshots of current version from Litmus test.
- Hello open source world.
- Download and resize your browser window to see its responsiveness.
- View demo screenshots to see how it looks in various Email clients, including Android 2.3, Outlook 2000, Apple Mail, etc.
Screenshots generated by Litmus. Last updated 26 March 2013 (v0.1.1)
Antwort is provided under the MIT License - see LICENSE.md for full details.