A list of open source projects I work on!
I've realized that I work on a lot of different projects. They are all in different stages and it can be hard to keep track of them.
I can barely keep track so why would I expect you to know what all I'm up to?
Here are the projects!
My goals are to create tools for journalism, community organizing, and games.
I've built lots of little pieces, small modules, that help with each of those goals.
My aim now is to find ways in which I can work on projects that combine those three interests.
I'm spending as much time as I can on documentation. Here are some documentation-focused tools I've been working on:
- docpage.org – create documentation sites from a single markdown file
- minidocs – build a simple site for your documentation
- markdown-reader – create a stream of markdown files
- rewrite-markdown-urls – turn relative github urls into urls appropriate for a static site
- sdv – my personal command-line tool for creating files like README.md, CONTRIBUTING.md, code of conduct, and other repetitive code maintenance tasks.
Host static sites with automatic SSL via Let's Encrypt.
Tools for authentication and authorization.
Create educational workshops as websites and desktop apps.
Tools for working with data.
Building arcade machines.
Tools & APIs for focused on Seattle, WA.
This project has been hibernating but I'm bringing it back in 2017.
Documenting open data, civic tech, and civic engagement in the Pacific Northwest.
Here are a few of my favorite small modules I've created that don't fit in one of the above sections.
- send-action – tiny module for managing state
- appa – quickly create JSON API servers
- create-html – function/cli for creating contents of index.html file
- beldown – turn markdown in template strings into DOM elements
- level-model – higher-level module for creating content models with leveldb
- namespace-emitter – namespaced event emitter
- gameloop – simple game loop
- load-images – load images in the browser
- sprite-2d – render 2d sprites
See more at my GitHub profile.
Supporting these projects
I'm always open to taking on contract work that is similar to or would use any of the above projects. If you'd like to support any of these projects or would like to hire me for related contract-based work, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributions are (mostly) welcome! Please read the contributing guidelines first.
I'm open to these types of contributions in this repository:
- copy editing
- input on ideas
- suggestions on things I might be interested
Interested in contributing to one of these projects? Awesome! Get involved in the project-specific issue queues, chat rooms, or other project-specific forums.
It's important that this project contributes to a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all, particularly for folks that are historically underrepresented in technology. Read this project's code of conduct
⁉️ask me questions 💡see what I'm experimenting with 📓read my public notebook 📖visit my website on the world wide web