This is a fork of Unreal Media Ripper (UMR) by Andy Ward.
The code is being fixed+updated for new compilers / platforms.
Changes since original UMR v0.3:
- Fixes for crashes with files that have big name/export/import tables.
- Fixes export table read order.
- Fixes for crashes when run to process multiple files.
- Fixes for endless loops with certain upkg files.
- Support for 64 bit systems.
- Support for big endian systems.
- Made the code reentrant.
- Support for version 63, 65, 69, 71, 72, 73, 79, 80, 81, 83, and 85 music and sound files.
- Support for MP2 format music and sound extraction from v75/76 files (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.)
- Support for music/sound extraction from unreal 1997/98 beta version, i.e. uax/umx package versions 35, 37, 40 and 41.
- Several code cleanups.
Supported UMX files:
- UMX music from Unreal, Return to NaPali, Unreal Tournament, DeusEx, Tactical Ops, and Mobile Forces are extracted successfully.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone mpeg layer II format music extracts successfully.
Supported UAX files:
- UAX sound packages from Unreal, Return to NaPali, Unreal Tournament, DeusEx, Klingon Honor Guard, Wheel of Time, DS9: The Fallen, Undying, Nerf Arena Blast, Rune, Tactical Ops, Mobile Forces, X-COM: Enforcer, and Adventure Pinball: Forgotten Island are extracted successfully.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone mpeg layer II format sound extracts successfully.
- XA-compressed sounds of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets are dumped from the packages. (experimental yet.)
- Kran32.umx from Unreal reports two exports with names "Kran32" and "kran3", but both point to the same music. Not a UMR bug, just an issue with the upkg in question.
- SpaceMarines.umx and Starseek.umx from Return to NaPali report their data as "s3m" (Scream Tracker 3), whereas the actual music format is "it" (Impulse Tracker). Not a UMR bug, just an issue with the upkgs in question.