Welcome! To get started on development:
Slack - we use Slack for communication:
- Sign up for Code for San Francisco Slack https://sfbrigade.slack.com
- Join #planetbot
AWS - we use Lex, Lambda etc.
- Ask Senthil (firstname.lastname@example.org) for AWS access and credentials
- Once you’ve access, you can log into: https://097545936362.signin.aws.amazon.com/console
- Install Brew from https://brew.sh (optional)
- Install AWS CLI:
brew install awscli
- Configure AWS CLI with
aws configure(you'll be given credentials with AWS access)
We use GoLang (go1.8) for writing lambda functions. If you’ve Go already installed you don’t need the following:
- Install Brew from https://brew.sh
$ brew install golang
Clone the repo:
$ go get -u github.com/sfbrigade/planetbot
This'll build the zip file that you can upload to AWS Lambda
There are helpers in Makefile to create, upload and invoke the lambda code.
- To begin, let's create a lambda function:
make lambda-create(Note: this may fail if the function already exists online; that's fine.)
- Then run
make updateto upload the code and invoke it.
From now after you make changes to the Go code, then can just run
make update to upload the code and invoke it from command line.