Ruby wrapper for the RubyGems.org API.
gem install gems
require 'rubygems' require 'gems' # Returns some basic information about rails. puts Gems.info 'rails' # Returns an array of active gems that match the query. puts Gems.search 'cucumber' # Returns an array of version details for coulda. puts Gems.versions 'coulda' # Returns the number of downloads by day for a particular gem version for the past 90 days. # Defaults to the latest version if no version is specified. puts Gems.downloads 'coulda', '0.6.3' # Returns the number of downloads by day for a particular gem version for the past year. puts Gems.downloads 'coulda', '0.6.3', Date.today - 365, Date.today # Returns an array of gem dependency details for all versions of all the given gems. puts Gems.dependencies ['rails', 'thor'] # Retrieve your API key using HTTP basic authentication. Gems.configure do |config| config.username = 'email@example.com' config.password = 'schwwwwing' end Gems.api_key # The following methods require authentication. # By default, we load your API key from ~/.gem/credentails # You can override this default by specifying a custom API key. Gems.configure do |config| config.key '701243f217cdf23b1370c7b66b65ca97' end # List all gems that you own. puts Gems.gems # View all owners of a gem that you own. puts Gems.owners 'gemcutter' # Add an owner to a RubyGem you own, giving that user permission to manage it. Gems.add_owner 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'gemcutter' # Remove a user's permission to manage a RubyGem you own. Gems.remove_owner 'email@example.com', 'gemcutter' # List the webhooks registered under your account. puts Gems.web_hooks # Add a webhook. Gems.add_web_hook 'rails', 'http://example.com' # Remove a webhook. Gems.remove_web_hook 'rails', 'http://example.com' # Test fire a webhook. Gems.fire_web_hook 'rails', 'http://example.com' # Remove a gem from RubyGems.org's index. # Defaults to the latest version if no version is specified. Gems.yank 'bills', '0.0.1' # Update a previously yanked gem back into RubyGems.org's index. # Defaults to the latest version if no version is specified. Gems.unyank 'bills', '0.0.1'
In the spirit of free software, everyone is encouraged to help improve this project.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by using alpha, beta, and prerelease versions
- by reporting bugs
- by suggesting new features
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specifications
- by writing code (no patch is too small: fix typos, add comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace)
- by refactoring code
- by closing issues
- by reviewing patches
Submitting an Issue
We use the GitHub issue tracker to track bugs and features. Before submitting a bug report or feature request, check to make sure it hasn't already been submitted. You can indicate support for an existing issuse by voting it up. When submitting a bug report, please include a Gist that includes a stack trace and any details that may be necessary to reproduce the bug, including your gem version, Ruby version, and operating system. Ideally, a bug report should include a pull request with failing specs.
Submitting a Pull Request
- Fork the project.
- Create a topic branch.
- Implement your feature or bug fix.
- Add documentation for your feature or bug fix.
- Run bundle exec rake doc:yard. If your changes are not 100% documented, go back to step 4.
- Add specs for your feature or bug fix.
- Run bundle exec rake spec. If your changes are not 100% covered, go back to step 6.
- Commit and push your changes.
- Submit a pull request. Please do not include changes to the gemspec, version, or history file. (If you want to create your own version for some reason, please do so in a separate commit.)
Copyright (c) 2011 Erik Michaels-Ober. See LICENSE for details.