MerbAdmin is a Merb plugin that provides an easy-to-use interface for managing your data.
In your app, add the following dependency to Gemfile:
gem "merb-admin", "~> 0.8.8"
Add the following route to config/router.rb:
add_slice(:merb_admin, :path_prefix => "admin")
Then, run the following rake task:
If you're feeling crafty, you can set a couple configuration options in config/init.rb:
Merb::BootLoader.before_app_loads do Merb::Slices::config[:merb_admin][:app_name] = "My App" Merb::Slices::config[:merb_admin][:per_page] = 100 Merb::Slices::config[:merb_admin][:excluded_models] = ["Top", "Secret"] end
Start the server:
You should now be able to administer your site at http://localhost:4000/admin.
MerbAdmin does not implement any authorization scheme. Make sure to apply authorization logic before deploying to production!
Many thanks to:
- Aaron Wheeler for contributing libraries from Merb AutoScaffold
- Lori Holden for contributing the merb-pagination helper
- Jacques Crocker for adding support for namespaced models
- Jeremy Evans and Pavel Kunc for reviewing the patch to add Sequel support
- Jonah Honeyman for fixing a bug and adding the :excluded_models option