MerbAdmin is a Merb plugin that provides an easy-to-use interface for managing your data.
In your app, add the following dependency to Gemfile:
gem "merb-admin", "~> 0.8.8"
Add the following route to config/router.rb:
add_slice(:merb_admin, :path_prefix => "admin")
Then, run the following rake task:
If you're feeling crafty, you can set a couple configuration options in config/init.rb:
Merb::BootLoader.before_app_loads do Merb::Slices::config[:merb_admin][:app_name] = "My App" Merb::Slices::config[:merb_admin][:per_page] = 100 Merb::Slices::config[:merb_admin][:excluded_models] = ["Top", "Secret"] end
Start the server:
You should now be able to administer your site at http://localhost:4000/admin.
MerbAdmin does not implement any authorization scheme. Make sure to apply authorization logic before deploying to production!
In the spirit of free software, everyone is encouraged to help improve this project.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by using alpha, beta, and prerelease versions
- by reporting bugs
- by suggesting new features
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specifications
- by writing code (no patch is too small: fix typos, add comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace)
- by refactoring code
- by closing issues
- by reviewing patches
All contributors will be added to the acknowledgements below and will receive the respect and gratitude of the author.
Many thanks to:
- Aaron Wheeler for contributing libraries from Merb AutoScaffold
- Lori Holden for contributing the merb-pagination helper
- Jacques Crocker for adding support for namespaced models
- Jeremy Evans and Pavel Kunc for reviewing the patch to add Sequel support
- Jonah Honeyman for fixing a bug and adding the :excluded_models option