Ruby wrapper for the TradeHill API
TradeHill allows you to trade US Dollars (USD) for Bitcoins (BTC) or Bitcoins for US Dollars.
gem install tradehill
require 'rubygems' require 'tradehill' # Fetch open asks puts TradeHill.asks # Fetch open bids puts TradeHill.bids # Fetch the last 48 hours worth of trades (takes a minute) puts TradeHill.trades
In the spirit of free software, everyone is encouraged to help improve this project.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by using alpha, beta, and prerelease versions
- by reporting bugs
- by suggesting new features
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing specifications
- by writing code (no patch is too small: fix typos, add comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace)
- by refactoring code
- by closing issues
- by reviewing patches
- by financially (please send bitcoin donations to 1KxSo9bGBfPVFEtWNLpnUK1bfLNNT4q31L)
Submitting an Issue
We use the GitHub issue tracker to track bugs and features. Before submitting a bug report or feature request, check to make sure it hasn't already been submitted. You can indicate support for an existing issuse by voting it up. When submitting a bug report, please include a Gist that includes a stack trace and any details that may be necessary to reproduce the bug, including your gem version, Ruby version, and operating system. Ideally, a bug report should include a pull request with failing specs.
Submitting a Pull Request
- Fork the project.
- Create a topic branch.
- Implement your feature or bug fix.
- Add documentation for your feature or bug fix.
- Run bundle exec rake doc:yard. If your changes are not 100% documented, go back to step 4.
- Add specs for your feature or bug fix.
- Run bundle exec rake spec. If your changes are not 100% covered, go back to step 6.
- Commit and push your changes.
- Submit a pull request. Please do not include changes to the gemspec, version, or history file. (If you want to create your own version for some reason, please do so in a separate commit.)
Copyright (c) 2011 Erik Michaels-Ober. See LICENSE for details.