Neubott Discord Bot
This branch is a rewrite of the original code, which was built on the Chariot.js framework on top of the Eris API.
This bot has a few interesting features at the moment that may make it worth checking out in future:
- Server quotes! Take your friends out of context!
- Splatoon 2 map schedule + Salmon Run + Splatfest support
- Big Emojis.
- A few simple commands to get and retrieve messages and links
In the future I plan for it to have all of the featureset from the original version of the bot, including:
- Posting random messages when set channels are 'idle'
And when it's 'done' it will also have:
- A simple API/web interface to look at each command's database
- Per-guild command settings
- Per-guild idle settings
This isn't ready for production use by others yet, but if you have a discord.js bot setup following the Discord.js Guide, you can drop the command files into your commands folder.
Be sure to install any prerequisite modules first:
- Many commands that use a database use
- The Splatoon schedule command uses
humanize-durationto format time durations and
axiosfor the HTTP/JSON requests.
- The quote command will also use
moment. (OK, it doesn't yet, but it will need it to parse date strings users supply.)
Issues and pull requests are welcomed. Please keep a polite tone - if you think I could have done something better, it's more likely than not I don't know the best way to do something!