Japanese Word Handler
Better cursor movement in Japanese text for VS Code.
How to activate the logic?
Just install the extension. Doing so changes the action for the keybindings below:
- Ctrl+Right (or Option+Right on OSX)
- Ctrl+Left (or Option+Left on OSX)
- Ctrl+Shift+Right (or Option+Shift+Right on OSX)
- Ctrl+Shift+Left (or Option+Shift+Left on OSX)
This extension does not add any command to the command platte.
What's the difference from the original?
With the original logic, pressing Ctrl+Right while the cursor is at the beginning of a chunk of Japanese characters will move the cursor to the end of it.
With this extension, on the other hand, the cursor will stop at each place where the Japanese character type (Hiragana, Katakana, ...) changes.
As of VSCode 1.27, extension cannot override word related actions below:
- Word selection on double click
- Automatic highlight of a word at where the cursor is
- 'Match Whole Word' option of text search
Please visit the project's GitHub page and .