Checks channel messages for 'shortened' links, and expands them to their final target address.
- Download the modules from http://mauke.dyndns.org/stuff/irssi/lib/IrssiX/ and place them in a directory known to Perl (One of the default system locations for perl modules,
or somewhere that is listed in the
$PERL5LIBenvironment variable). They should be placed in a subdirectory named
IrssiX/in whichever module directory you choose.
- Copy the longify-urls.list file into your ~/.irssi/ directory.
- Copy this script into your ~/.irssi/scripts/ directory and load with
/SCRIPT LOAD filename.
Note: The lookup to check if a link is shortened runs in the background, so it won't affect the running of Irssi, but the message containing the link is queued until either a response comes back, or the timeout (~2 seconds) is hit.
Copyright © 2011 Tom Feist
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
- Not tested with simultaneous lookups
- User-configurable timeout
- deal with utf-8 (that stupid arrow site).