Create React Scala App
Make sure you have SBT and NPM installed.
sbt new shadaj/create-react-scala-app.g8 ... follow instructions to create your app cd my-app/ sbt dev
Then open http://localhost:8080 to see your app.
When you're ready to deploy to production, create a minified bundle with
Get Started Immediately
You don’t need to install or configure tools like Webpack. They are preconfigured so that you can focus on the code.
Just create a project, and you’re good to go.
You’ll need to have Node >= 6 on your machine. You can use nvm to easily switch Node versions between different projects.
This tool doesn’t assume a Node backend. The Node installation is only required for Create React Scala App itself.
Creating an App
To create a new app, run:
sbt new shadaj/create-react-scala-app.g8, follow the instructions that follow, then
This will create a folder
my-app inside the current folder.
Inside that directory, it will generate the initial project structure:
my-app ├── build.sbt ├── project │ ├── build.properties │ ├── plugins.sbt ├── public │ ├── favicon.ico │ ├── index.html │ └── manifest.json ├── src │ ├── main │ │ ├── resources │ │ │ ├── App.css │ │ │ ├── index.css │ │ │ └── logo.svg │ │ └── scala │ │ └── hello/world │ │ └── App.scala │ │ └── Main.scala │ └── test │ └── scala │ └── hello/world │ └── AppTest.scala └── webpack ├── fastopt-loader.js ├── scalajs-entry.js ├── webpack-core.config.js ├── webpack-fastopt.config.js └── webpack-opt.config.js
No configuration or complicated folder structures, just the files you need to build your app. Once the installation is done, you can run some commands inside the project folder:
Runs the app in development mode with hot-reloading enabled. Open http://localhost:8080 to see your app
The page will automatically reload if you make changes to the code. You will see compilation and Webpack errors in your console.
Runs unit tests for your app inside a Node environment with simulated DOM APIs.
Builds the app for production to the
build folder. It correctly bundles React in production mode and optimizes the build for the best performance. It also minifies the build using UglifyJS.
Your app is ready to be deployed.
- No Configuration Required: You don't need to configure anything. Reasonably good configuration of both development and production builds is handled for you so you can focus on writing code.
- No Lock-In: Your generated project is free of any dependencies specific to create-react-scala-app. You can start customizing the build configuration anytime without even needing an "eject" command!
The generated project uses the following tools and libraries:
- Scala.js DOM wrappers: Scala.js DOM
- React wrapper, HTML DSL, and hot reloading: Slinky
- Scala.js Bundler to bundle your Scala.js app with Webpack
- Webpack with webpack-dev-server, file-loader, style-loader, css-loader, html-webpack-plugin, and copy-webpack-plugin
Why Use This?
With create-react-scala-app you can quickly bootstrap a new application using Scala and React. Your environment will have everything you need to build a new Scala app:
- A familiar API for writing React code in Scala, with support for hot reloading components.