Wordpress Countdown Widget
Customizable, Easy to use jQuery powered CountDown/Up timer for your site. Includes both Widget and Shortcode!
Tags: countdown, count-up, multi-widget, widget, jquery, shortcode, timer, clock, animated
Requires at least: 2.8
Tested up to: 4.4.2
Stable tag: 2.5.9
License: GPLv2 or later
Add jQuery count-down/count-up timers to your blog sidebar easily. Supports color customizations & multiple instances. Just drag'n drop. No coding required! Brought to you by metinsaylan.
Documentation & Simple Tutorials to get you started:
- Countdown Widget Help
- Countdown Shortcode Usage
- Customizing Countdown Widget Using CSS
- Creating a Halloween Countdown on your sidebar
Visit source on github
- Download the widget and upload it to your server through
WP Admin -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload
- After the upload is complete activate the plugin.
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets page, drag and drop the widget to your sidebar.
- Fill in the blanks as needed, and done!
Frequently Asked Questions
= Any questions? =
You can ask your questions here
- A snapshot of the widget form
Please back up your precious data before upgrading plugins.
- Tested upto WP 4.4.2
- Fixed quotes in event title
- Fixed language errors. Kudos for Carlos Hix.
- Tested: upto WP 4.0
- Fixed: Localization didn't work because of a php error. And the credit goes to Frank P. Walentynowicz. Chineese still won't work. Need some help from a chineese developer.
- Fixed: Plugin path issue. It didn't work if moved to another directory.
- Fixed: Direction option label on widget fixed.
- Fixed: I forgot an echo for testing radius. Fixed it now.
- Changed: Background and Colors now support rgb and rgba values. Hex colors should include
#infront of them.
- Added: Support for Counting up.
- Added: Border radius support.
- Added: Styling support for shortcode added countdown widgets.
- Hotfix: Hotfix for shortcode defaults.
- Added: Timezone support.
- Added: Widget preview.
- Added: When you add a widget it defaults to 1 hour later from now.
- Fixed: Background color issue with the latest version.
- Added: Shortcode support. Read more on countdown shortcode usage
- Changed default format string. See formatting help for more details.
- Removed border around the countdown.
- Background will be transparent if you leave it blank.
- Added format option.
- Added auto localisation for the countdown.
- Added hour/minutes/seconds options to the widget.
- Fixed script path for the widget now.
- First release.