A python script to rename files and folders, replacing a list of user provided characters with a single user provider character. The "Test" option will produce a log file without making any changes. The "Run" option will produce a log file and make changes.
Frozen/executable applications for all platforms are coming soon. See the Installing section below to use it now.
- Python 3
- Clone the repository to a folder.
- Create a virtual environment using pipenv or virtualenv (optional):
# virtualenv venv
# source venv/bin/activate
- Install PySide2:
# pip install PySide2
- Run the application:
# python3.6 main.py
- Fill out the textboxes in the UI window, and click Test or Run.
warning: Be aware this script will rename files and folders on your file system. Ensure you have the directory set correctly. It is recommended to use the Test function before running.
- Qt Creator - IDE for Qt UI development
- PySide2 - The official Python module from the Qt for Python project
- Python -
Currently 0.1 (first working release/MVP) SemVer may be used for future versions.
- Shane LeBlanc
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details