Xataface Excel Module
Export result sets in XLS format.
This module adds an action to export result sets as XLS files. Xataface has always had a CSV export option, but it turns on MS Excel can have difficulty determining the charset encoding of CSV files.
The solution, sadly, is to give Excel users the option of exporting result sets directly as XLS files.
- Xataface 2.0.4 (or at least include the modularization of export_csv action with this changeset: https://github.com/shannah/xataface/commit/34686c0f716773572bbd06274d518a3fb0953467 )
- PHP 5.2 or higher
- Check out the git repo into your application's modules directory. The module name should be "excel":
$ cd /path/to/myapp/modules $ git clone https://github.com/shannah/xataface-module-excel.git excel
- Add the following to the [_modules] section of your application's conf.ini file:
- Confirm that the module has been installed by opening your application in the web browser, then (if you're using the g2 module) click on the "Export" button on the top toolbar (when in list view) and confirm that you have an option "Export XLS".
Once you have installed the module you should have an Export XLS option under the "Export" menu in list view. This works identical to the way that the Export CSV action works. Perform a find for the records you want to export, then select "Export XLS". This will download the results as an excel file.
Direct support questions to the Xataface forum http://xataface.com/forum
- Module written by Steve Hannah.
- Uses the fantastic PHPExcel library for handling/writing excel files.