I have been working as a Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant and enrolled as a Ph.D. student at the Department of Computer Science, University of Houston, since August 2019. I received my MS in Computer Science in 2022, and my expected completion of Ph.D. is December 2023. My primary research interest is in Cyber Security, Data Science & ML, Cloud-IoT ecosystem security, etc. I am also interested in System Admin, DevSecOps, and Automation. Currently, I am researching Cyber Deception under the supervision of Dr. Omprakash Gnawali in the Networked Systems Laboratory and Dr. Aron Laszka in the Resilient Network and Systems Lab.
You can check my online resume at shantoroy.com/resume/.
- I have started my #100daychallenge for learning and sharing resources on Site Reliability Engineering. I will be sharing my journey as a blog post under the tag '#100daysofSRE' on my blog. You can navigate the list of contents on my Medium post or this GitHub Repo.
- We have submitted a new paper entitled "SoK: The MITRE ATT&CK Framework in Research and Practice" at a cyber security conference. The preprint is available on Arxiv. In this work, we explored the use cases and applications of MITRE ATT&CK in Academic Research and Industry. Feel free to read and cite the work if relevant.
- I am going to join Charles Schwab (Headquarters at Westlake, TX) as a Summer 2023 Intern (Site Reliability Engineering & CYBER).
- I have started writing on the Medium Blog Platform. Follow me here. I have also started publishing a weekly newsletter with my updates and learning journey on Substack. Feel free to subscribe here.
- You can check out my GitHub Repository entitled CyberSecurity Concepts in Python that provides different security concepts in Python. Blog Posts are also available alongside codes. Please find the links in the README.md file. Find more posts on my blog shantoroy.com.
- Primary research interest: Cyber Security
- Industrial Interest: DevSecOps, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and Network/Information Security Analysis/Engineering
- Currently Working on Cyber Deception
- Currently exploring how Honeypots can be utilized for further Deception
- Other Interests: Blogging, Traveling, Cycling, Hiking, and Music
- AI won’t replace us, but a person using AI will!
- How to Avoid Phone/Email Scams!
- Write a Reverse Proxy Server in Python: Part 1 (Reverse Proxy Server)
- Introduction to Reinforcement Learning (Part 01: Basic Concepts)
- Write a Simple Virus in Python
- Write a Worm (Malware) in Python
- Write a Backdoor in Python
- A Basic Keylogger in Python
- Passive Operating System Fingerprinting by Analyzing PCAP files