A Compendium of NFC Samples
The purpose of this application is to demonstrate how to use selected BlackBerry 10 NFC APIs. The Release History section gives details of those NFC APIs which are covered.
The sample code for this application is Open Source under the Apache 2.0 License.
- V4 - Added support for sending ISO7816 APDUs and handling Transaction Events
- V3.1 - Modified for Beta 3 release compatibility
- V3 - Added ability to emulate virtual NDEF Tags
- V2.1 - Refactored to exploit features in BlackBerry Dev Alpha Device 10.0.6
- V2 - Added transfer of vCard using SNEP
- V1 - Reading and Writing NDEF tags
- BlackBerry Dev Alpha Beta 3 Device Software 10.0.9
- BlackBerry 10 Native SDK 10.0.9
How to Build NfcTool
Simply Import the project into a workspace in your NDK. Of course you should review the project after it's been imported paying particular attention to the settings in the bar-descriptor.xml file. It should be changed to reflect values in the <author> and <authorId> elements that are appropriate for you.
But I don't want to build it myself
If you don't want to build this sample application yourself we've included a pre-build and signed BAR files for each version. You can find them in the folder "/installable-bar-files" as follows:
- NfcTool-4_0_0_2.bar -- Signed BAR file for Version 4.0 (V4.0) of the application ( requires BlackBerry Dev Alpha Device Beta 3 Software 10.0.9 )
- NfcTool-3_0_0_51.bar -- Signed BAR file for Version 3.0 (V3.0) of the application ( requires BlackBerry Dev Alpha Device Software 10.0.6 )
- NfcTool-2_1_0_2.bar -- Signed BAR file for Version 2.1 (V2.1) of the application ( requires BlackBerry Dev Alpha Device Software 10.0.6 )
- NfcTool-2_0_0_1.bar -- Signed BAR file for Version 2 (V2) of the application ( requires BlackBerry Dev Alpha Device Software 10.0.4 )
- NfcTool-1_0_0_1.bar -- Signed BAR file for Version 1 (V1) of the application ( requires BlackBerry Dev Alpha Device Software 10.0.4 )
To contribute code to this repository you must be signed up as an official contributor.
Please see the README of the Cascades-Community-Samples repository for instructions on how to add new Samples or make modifications to existing Samples.
Bug Reporting and Feature Requests
If you find a bug in a Sample, or have an enhancement request, simply file an Issue for the Sample and send a message (via github messages) to the Sample Author(s) to let them know that you have filed an Issue.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.