Manrope font is an open-source modern sans-serif font family. Designed by Michael Sharanda in 2018.
- Semi-condensed, clean, minimal sans-serif font family
- 7 weights
- Comes with desktop and web-font formats (pixel-optimised)
- Geometric Digits
- Packed with OpenType features: Case Sensitive, Auto-Apostrophe, Ligatures, Icon-Ligatures, Tabular Figures
- Supports most of Latin & Cyrillic languages:
- Afrikaans, Albanian, Asu, Basque, Belarusian, Bemba, Bena, Bosnian, Bosnian (Cyrillic), Bulgarian, Catalan, Chiga, Colognian, Cornish, Croatian, Czech, Danish, English, Estonian, Faroese, Filipino, Finnish, French, Friulian, Galician, Ganda, German, German (Switzerland), Gusii, Hungarian, Icelandic, Inari Sami, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Jola-Fonyi, Kabuverdianu, Kalenjin, Kinyarwanda, Latvian, Lithuanian, Low German, Lower Sorbian, Luo, Luxembourgish, Luyia, Macedonian, Machame, Makhuwa-Meetto, Makonde, Malagasy, Malay, Maltese, Manx, Maori, Mongolian, Morisyen, North Ndebele, Northern Sami, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Nyankole, Oromo, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Romansh, Rombo, Rundi, Russian, Rwa, Samburu, Sango, Sangu, Scottish Gaelic, Sena, Serbian, Serbian (Latin), Shambala, Shona, Slovak, Slovenian, Soga, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swahili (Congo - Kinshasa), Swedish, Swiss German, Taita, Teso, Turkish, Upper Sorbian, Vunjo, Welsh, Zulu
v 2, December 4. A big update.
- Countless minor adjustments across all the glyphs;
- Much better Cyrillic;
- Many kerning adjustments;
- Adjusted digits shapes;
v 1.2, August 24. Fixed:
- Shapes adjusted: /s /e /h /n /u /N /w
v 1.1, July 29. Major update. Fixed:
- Shapes adjusted: /a /n /h /u /m /D /e /@ /& /N /t
- Kerning: /v and /comma, /e and /n, /f and /e /o, /e and /s, /y and /a, /A and /T, /k and /s, /R and Y, /I and /T, /S and /S, etc.
- Auto-Apostrophe in "em’"
- Letter space: /D, /e, /n, /m, /u, /h, /H etc.
- Added glyph: /nonbreakinghyphen
v 1.005, July 20. Fixed:
- Kerning: between /V and /comma
- Auto-Apostrophe in "You’ll"
- Fixed appearance of /t_t ligature
- Added one more weight for more consistent interpolation distribution: 7 weights in total (800–200)
v 1.004, July 17. Fixed:
- Fixed alignment in Semicolon;
- Fixed shape: /K /k /N /two;
- Adjusted kerning: /r and /y, /K and /O, /a and /w, all digits;
- Added ligature: t_t;
- Vertical alignment fixed: /at with number;
v 1.003, July 14. Fixed:
- /iigrave substitution if fixed for Bulgarian language;
- Monospaced digits switched back to normal. Made Tabular Figures as an OpenType feature;
v 1.002, July 13. Fixed:
- /e adjusted thickness, fixed hinting and tail curve;
- Adjusted thickness: /м /x /X /ß /β /W /s;
- Adjusted kerning: between /I and /T, /k & /s;
- /I glyph width adjusted;
- /parenleft, /parenright, /bracketleft, /bracketright made higher and re-aligned (to fit most cases by default);
- All digits made as tabular figures;
- The slash glyph in /Lslash /lslash is made shorter and adjusted;
v 1.001, July 10. Fixed:
- Wrong position of arc in /m;
- Kerning in /lslash;
- Bulgarian Cyrillic to more local;
- Vertical alignment in /parenleft /parenright coming with digit alone;
- Horizontal /comb alignments in extended Cyrillic;
- Baseline height in T, H, L, E, Ш, etc...
- Inconsistent thickness of /eth;
v 1.000, July 1
- First release;
This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1.
This license is available with an FAQ at http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Your feedback and contribution are highly appreciated.
Special thanks to TypeDrawers community.
Software used: Glyphs, Adobe Illustrator, SpeedPunk