A GUI named hedge for smartwatch like devices based on ESP32. Currently support for T-Watch2020 (V1,V2,V3), T-Watch2021 (V1 and V2, no ota-updates), M5Paper, M5Core2, WT32-SC01 and native Linux support for testing.
Time synchronization via BLE
Notification via BLE
Wake-up on wrist rotation
- Sound volume
Multiple watch faces:
- Embedded (digital)
- Community based watchfaces
- Music (control the playback of the music on your phone)
- Navigation (displays navigation instructions coming from the companion app)
- Map (displays a map)
- Notification (displays the last notification received)
- Stopwatch (with all the necessary functions such as play, pause, stop)
- Step counter (displays the number of steps and daily objective)
- IR remote
Companion apps: Gadgetbridge
Please check out
If you are interested in native Linux support, please install sdl2, curl and mosquitto dev lib and change the env to emulator_* in platformIO.
sudo apt-get install libsdl2-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libmosquitto-dev build-essential
- the webserver crashes the ESP32 really often
- the battery indicator is not accurate, rather a problem with the power management unit ( axp202 )
Development on the Windows platform
The development tools have a known issue with the size of the project on Windows platforms. When the program is built you may receive the following error:
xtensa-esp32-elf-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory *** [.pio\build\t-watch2020-v1\firmware.elf] Error 1
This issue has not been seen on Linux or other platforms. If you must compile on Windows you may work around this linker issue by removing apps you do not use from the .\src\main.cpp file.
You might remove the example app commenting out these lines by adding two slashes (
//) on these locations:
- main.cpp line 9:
- main.cpp line 65:
(Line numbers are approximate and may change as the system develops.)
Since each app includes a different set of files, you may need to comment out several apps to reduce it small enough for the Windows build.
How to use
Forks that are recommended
For the programmers
TTGO T-Watch 2020
M5Paper ( downscaled )
TTGO T-Watch 2021
Special thanks to the following people for their help:
and the following projects:
Every Contribution to this repository is highly welcome! Don't fear to create pull requests which enhance or fix the project, you are going to help everybody.