by ShareBrained Technology
The latest version of this repository can be found at: https://github.com/sharebrained/chronulator-avr8
An analog panel meter clock implementation based on the Atmel AVR8 microcontroller.
Time is displayed via two analog meters, one for hours and one for minutes. The microcontroller keeps time via a 32.768kHz crystal, and controls the meter needles using pulse-width modulation of current sources.
The current sources are adjustable by variable resistors, and the time is set by momentary buttons.
A simple set of commands are supported via the AVR8 serial port. Meter needles can be controlled directly via commands, overriding the default time-based control. The brightness of two LEDs can be controlled by other commands.
See http://www.sharebrained.com/chronulator/ for hardware documentation.
- Arduino IDE (to program the Chronulator firmware)
- avrdude (to program the AVR8 bootloader)
- avr-gcc (to compile and link the bootloader)
- EAGLE 5.x (to edit the schematic or circuit board)
- A Chronulator or Chronulator-compatible device.
- A serial adaptor and/or an Atmel ISP programmer.
Before compiling and uploading this code in the Arduino IDE, please select "LilyPad Arduino w/ ATmega168" under the "Tools->Board" menu.
ShareBrained Technology, Inc. http://www.sharebrained.com/