This release of VaporOS is a small one. It offers the following features and fixes:
- Added VaporOS Flatpak Manager. This application allows users to easily install additional software with Flatpak. This is an early version, so let me know what you think
- Updated the SteamOS Compositor to be able to work with Flatpak applications
- Made it easier to exit VaporOS-FTPServer with a controller
Running Flatpak applications on SteamOS is currently still quite experimental. While they do work, they currently don't have sound. No solution has been found for this yet, help is welcome on this.
This new version of VaporOS is build in a new way. The ISO has fewer changes this time around, which means VaporOS now has the same hardware support as the official SteamOS release. This release is based on SteamOS 2.195.
This release includes the following features:
- Retroarch, an emulator frontend with support for PSP, PS1, N64, SNES, NES, GBA and more
- Kodi, an entertainment center which can play videos and music
- VaporOS-FTPServer, a file server which allows you to easily transfer files
- Improved desktop experience with a text editor, archive manager, media player (VLC) and Gnome Tweak Tool added
- Bash completion for command line users
- TRIM support for SSDs
From this version onward, VaporOS will also be able to update itself when new versions are released.