RunMyCode Online WebExtension
Compile and run C, C++, Java, Nodejs, Python, Ruby, Go and PHP code online, directly from Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket and more - https://runmycode.online
How to Use
- Install the extension: Chrome, Firefox, Opera
- On extension install, RunMyCode Online will open in a new tab and prompt you to authenticate to get a key.
- On authenticating with any the of providers, you will be redirected to dashboard page and extension will be auto-configured with your key.
- Now you can go to any supported language code page on Github or Gitlab and you will see a colored
Runbutton added to left of usual action buttons (see screenshot above). For example, you can test the extension with this Ruby code on Github.
- Clicking that
Runbutton will open a runner where you can input any command line args and then press the big orange
Runbutton to run the code on the page.
- You can also edit the code using the web editor on Github or Gitlab and make it run through the same
Runbutton as above.
All the supported version control sites have support for running standalone code from view, edit and new file pages.
Language is detected based on the file extension. So for executing
Python3 code, you will need
cpp for C++.
- C (GCC 7.2)
- C++ (GCC 7.2)
- Java 8
- Node.js 6.10
- Python 2.7
- Python 3.6
- Ruby 2.2
- Go 1.7
- PHP 7
Latest versions of following browsers:
Permissions Requested by Extension
- Permissions for the above supported websites to allow extension to run code directly from there
runmycode.online- To auto-configure the extension
api.runmycode.online- To run code from the extension
tabs- For detecting url change and page loading complete for single page apps like Github, Bitbucket
storage- To store API URL and Key as extension options
Developing the Extension
manifest.json, creates a directory
dist/<browser> and puts all the extension relevant files there.
- Build for all supported browsers:
npm run build
- Build for a specific browser:
npm run build -- chrome|firefox|opera|edge