This version is designed to be the final version of vJoy. vJoy has been around for about a decade and is ripe now. I will still be around for a while for answering questions and fixing minor bugs.
Release Notes for vJoy 2.1.8 build 33
vJoy API file (vGenInterface.dll) added to the installation
Release Notes for vJoy 2.1.8 build 31
- Enhancement: New interface function GetOwnerPid(). This function returns the ID of the process owning a specified vJoy device. You can use this function to:
- Make sure that your process is indeed the owner of a device.
- Get the process that prevents you from acquiring the device and issue an intelligent message to the user.
- Facilitate killing zomby processes that still own a device.
- Enhancement: vJoyList - a utility that lists all vJoy devices and specifies the owner of each device.
vJoyList is part of the installation.
- Enhancement: Smoother initialization of a vJoy device. A device is initialized when created, configured or requested to from the API. It retains its position when acquired to prevent a glitch.
- Bug Fix: Initializing discrete POVs to non-default values was incorrectly done. It is now possible: Discrete POV registry values are now:
- 0x80: North/Forwards
- 0x81: East/Right
- 0x82: South/Backwards
- 0x83: West/Left
- 0x8F: Neutral Point
- Bug Fix: Too many error messages were written to the event log even on normal installation.