Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
- Fixed crash from user input. #316
Binaries built using go version go1.12.4.
Compatibility note for bots: This release changes the way we format messages sent from the client, which could break some bots.
- /timestamp: Revamped to prefix each line with a timestamp, with timezone support. #297 #308
- /shrug: Ignore additional arguments
- /ban: New query-based arguments so you can ban by attribute.
- /banned: New command for ops to list banned entries.
- /op: Fixed bug where the op status was tied to the nick. #301
- /reply: Fixed bug where the reply target was not being set properly. #299
--whitelisthandle comments/whitespace in key files better. #298
- chat: "User left..." messages now includes time since the user joined.
- chat: Tab-complete names are now sorted by recently active.
- dev: Vendor a forked version of x/crypto/ssh/terminal with some improvements.
- dev: Various lints and code cleanups. #296
- dev: Fixed some race conditions and flaky tests. (Still more flaky tests, alas.)
- dev: Switched to go modules (from dep)
- dev: Binary releases are fully static now.
Updated for 1.8.1: Fixed crashing bug. #310
Binaries built using go version go1.12.
Full list of changes here: v1.7...v1.8.1
- /timestamp: Toggle timestamps after 30min of inactivity.
- /name: Colorize output with active theme. (#249)
- /nick: Fixed announcing when it's the same nick. (#237)
- /whois: Strip control characters from metadata inputs. (#257)
- /uptime and /whois relative timestamps made more precise. (#259)
- dev: Various docs and tests-related fixes.
- dev: Switched to dep for pinning dependencies.
- dep: Pinned new golang.org/x/crypto which includes chacha20-poly130
support for ssh.
Binaries built using go version go1.10beta2.
Full list of changes here: v1.6...v1.7
- /reply: Fixed replying after target left.
- /theme: List available themes when none given.
- /msg: Recipient now receives a BEL when enabled.
- /uptime: Humanized time.
- sshd: Prefix public key hashes with type.
- releases: Add Windows
Full list of changes here: v1.5...v1.6
- /help: Improve help for /ignore and /theme
- /reply: Enabled again.
- chat/message/theme: Cleanup and refactor, tweak solarized.
- Makefile: Support building from source tarball
- logging: Add [RemoteAddr] prefix to connection-related messages
- releases: Add freebsd
Full list of changes here: v1.4...v1.5
- /msg: Send SystemMsg confirmation with each PM
- /whois: Hide IP if user isn't admin; display client and time joined
- chat/message/theme: Apply PM colors, add new themes to /help, cleanup
- chat/message/theme: Fixing zero division error for one color themes
- chat/message/theme: Tweak default colorscheme
- chat/message/theme: Two new themes, solarized and hacker
- chat/message: Fix highlighting and BEL, fix race condition
- logging: More information about why connections get dropped
- ratelimiter: Bump up to 16kb/min from 4kb/min
- Added /ignore and /unignore
- Fixed Autocomplete bug that was crashing the server
- Autocomplete should now be case-insensitive
- /motd with no args will print motd
Some minor but important improvements:
- Keep-Alive (every 30s) should reduce idle disconnects.
- Fixed memory leaks and DoS attack vector.
- Include ARM6 builds by default with
Full list of changes here: v1.1...v1.2
This should be a more stable version of v1.0 with a bunch of bugs and race conditions fixed. We also ship packaged binaries with releases now, yay!
Full list of changes here: v1.0...v1.1