- Requires at least: WordPress 3.6 or later
- Tested up to: WordPress 5.7.0
- Stable version: 2.14.1
- License: GPL 2.0 or later
Code Snippets is an easy, clean and simple way to run code snippets on your site. It removes the need to add custom snippets to your theme's
A snippet is a small chunk of PHP code that you can use to extend the functionality of a WordPress-powered website; essentially a mini-plugin with less load on your site.
Most snippet-hosting sites tell you to add snippet code to your active theme's
functions.php file, which can get rather long and messy after a while.
Code Snippets changes that by providing a GUI interface for adding snippets and actually running them on your site just as if they were in your theme's
Code Snippets provides graphical interface, similar to the Plugins menu, for managing snippets. Snippets can can be activated and deactivated, just like plugins. The snippet editor includes fields for a name, a visual editor-enabled description, tags to allow you to categorize snippets, and a full-featured code editor. Snippets can be exported for transfer to another side, either in JSON for later importing by the Code Snippets plugin, or in PHP for creating your own plugin or theme.
If you like this plugin, or it is useful to you in some way, please consider reviewing it on WordPress.org.
Code Snippets can be used in these different languages thanks to the following translators:
- Czech – Lukáš Tesař
- Danish - Finn Sommer Jensen
- French – momo-fr and Shea Bunge
- Belarusian - Hrank.com
- Brazilian Portuguese – Bruno Borges
- French (Canada) - Dominic Desbiens
- Indonesian - Jordan Silaen from ChameleonJohn.com
- German - Mario Siegmann, Joerg Knoerchen, and David Decker
- Dutch - Sander Spies
- Slovak - Ján Fajčák
- Russian - Alexander Samsonov
- Chinese - Jincheng Shan
- Croatian - Borisa Djuraskovic from Web Hosting Hub
- Japanese - mt8
- Italian – Francesco Marino