A beautiful demo is worth a thousand words:
- Typography (LaTeX): HTML / PDF
- Cheat Sheet (math formulas): HTML / PDF
- Scientific Paper (text and figures): HTML / PDF
- Full Circle Magazine (read while downloading): HTML / PDF
- Git Manual (CJK support): HTML / PDF
- Try your own files
pdf2htmlEX renders PDF files in HTML, utilizing modern Web technologies. It aims to provide an accuracy rendering, while keeping optimized for Web display.
- Precise and native text in HTML
- Flexible Output
- Moderate Size
- More PDF stuffs that you love: links, outlines & printing
Thanks to all the packagers!
- Ubuntu PPA by Lu Wang email@example.com
- ArchLinux AUR by Arthur Titeica firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gentoo Overlay, gentoo-zh, mrueg or sunrise, by respective packagers.
- Homebrew Formula by Jamie Ly email@example.com
- Macports (local repo) by Deepak Thukral firstname.lastname@example.org
- Windows N/A
Build from source
- CMake, pkg-config
- GNU Getopt
- compilers support C++11, for example
- GCC >= 4.4.6
- I heard about successful build with Clang
- poppler with xpdf header >= 0.20.0 (compile with --enable-xpdf-headers)
- Install libpng (and headers) BEFORE you compile poppler if you want background images generated
- Install poppler-data if your want CJK support
- fontforge (with header files)
- git version is recommended to avoid annoying compilation issues
- [Optional] ttfautohint
- run pdf2htmlEX with --external-hint-tool=ttfautohint to enable it
- [For Windows]
- or MinGW, with some modifications to pdf2htmlEX. See pdf2htmlEX on TeX Wiki (in Japanese), special thanks to Haruhiko Okumura
git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/coolwanglu/pdf2htmlEX.git cd pdf2htmlEX cmake . && make && sudo make install
pdf2htmlEX --zoom 1.33 /path/to/foobar.pdf
GPLv2 & GPLv3 for most part, MIT License for
LICENSE for more detail.
For Online Services
You are free and welcome to modify pdf2htmlEX for your online services, but you should credit pdf2htmlEX if your service involves "online conversion" facilitated by pdf2htmlEX. You are also encouraged to send me a name and a URL for the purpose of statistics.
LICENSE for more detail.
Consider how much you have to pay for an alternatve with a similar quality, keeping in mind that pdf2htmlEX is maintained by one person in spare time.
- Patches are more than welcome.
- Or you may prefer making a donation, the easier way.
- Other ways you may help
- Mailing list email@example.com
- pdf2htmlEX Blog
- News and announcemenst
- Lu Wang firstname.lastname@example.org or coolwanglu@twitter
- For personal enquiries only
- Accepting messages in 中文, English or 日本語
- IRC Channel irc://irc.freenode.net/pdf2htmlEX
pdf2htmlEX is made possible thanks to the following projects:
pdf2htmlEX is inspired by the following projects:
- pdftops & pdftohtml from poppler
- Google Doc
- Hongliang Tian
- Wanmin Liu