Holy Balls: The Game A free and open source capture-the-flag game. Version 1.0, now with gameplay and some semblance of object oriented code!
- Capture the flag based
- event engine interfaces with game engine that announces what happens, sends data to socket code to talk to client
- unholyballs requires at least a modern integrated graphics chipset (OpenGL 2.0 support)
- holyballs require at least an ATi Mobility Radeon HD 4670 to run at 640x480 at 60fps
- SDL2 is required for both versions
- OpenAL is required for both versions
- OpenGL and GLEW is required for both versions
- OpenCL is required only for holyballs
- unholyballs requires a Mac from the last 10 years
- holyballs requires a Mac with OpenCL support
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or higher; earlier versions have not been tested
apt-get install libsdl2-dev libglew-dev libalut-dev
- see 'make all'
- make server
- will build only the server
- make holyballs
- will build holyballs, the ray tracing binary. requires OpenCL and at minimum a GTS450. will only work for single GPU systems.
- make multiballs
- will build multiballs, the multi-gpu ray tracing binary. requires OpenCL and at minimum a GTS450. if on a single GPU system, will run slower than holyballs.
- make unholyballs
- will build only the unholyballs binary, for people with lesser graphics cards
- make all
- will build all four binaries
- Open Holy Balls.xcodeproj and build hbserver and one of the clients.
- Copy the sound filles, font files, and optionally the OpenCL sources (required for holyballs and multiballs) into your build directory.
-h: to display help message
-i [ip]: to connect to specified server; default is 127.0.0.1
-d [width] [height]: to play at specified resolution; default is 640x480
-f: to play in fullscreen; will not work if specified resolution is greater than screen resolution
- Mouse: Turn
- W: Accelerate forwards
- A: Accelerate left
- S: Accelerate backwards
- D: Accelerate right
- Escape: Bring up menu
- Sounds from freesound.org
- bounce sound from user dreamoron
- ding sound from user acclivity
- splat sound from user benhillyard