- Name: cdl_convert
- Version: |release|
- Author/Maintainer: Sean Wallitsch
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- License: MIT
- Status: Development
- Docs: http://cdl-convert.readthedocs.org/
- GitHub: https://github.com/shidarin/cdl_convert
- PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cdl_convert
- Python Versions: 2.6-3.4, PyPy
cdl_convert converts between common ASC CDL formats. The American Society of
Cinematographers Color Decision List (ASC CDL, or CDL for short) is a
schema to simplify the process of interchanging color data between
various programs and facilities.
The ASC has defined schemas for including the 10 basic numbers in 5 different formats:
- Avid Log Exchange (ALE)
- Film Log EDL Exchange (FLEx)
- CMX EDL
- XML Color Correction (cc)
- XML Color Correction Collection (ccc)
- XML Color Decision List (cdl)
- OCIOCDLTransform, a Foundry Nuke node
- Space separated CDL, a Rhythm & Hues internal cdl format
It is the purpose of
cdl_convert to convert ASC CDL information between
these basic formats to further facilitate the ease of exchange of color
data within the Film and TV industries.
cdl_convert supports parsing ALE, FLEx, CC, CCC, CDL and RCDL. We can write
out CC, CCC, CDL and RCDL.
cdl_convert is not associated with the American Society of Cinematographers
New in version 0.9.2:
- Fixed a bug where ALE's with blank lines would not convert correctly.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing
cdl_convertfrom being correctly installed in Python 2.6
- Fixed continuous integration testing.
- No longer officially supporting Python 3.2, as I've had to remove it from our CI builds. It should still work just fine though, but we won't be running CI against it.
New in version 0.9:
- Added ability to parse CMX EDLs
- Fixed a script bug where a collection format containing color decisions will not have those color decisions exported as individual color corrections.
- Fixed a bug where we weren't reading line endings correctly in certain situations.
- Added a cdl_convert.py stub file to the package root level, which will allow running of the cdl_convert script without installation. Due to relative imports in the python code, it was no longer possible to call cdl_convert/cdl_convert.py directly.
- The script, when run directly from cdl_convert.py, will now write errors to stderror correctly, and exit with a status of 1.
New in version 0.8:
- Added --single flag. When provided with an output collection format, each color correction in the input will be exported to it's own collection.
- Giving a :class:`ColorCorrection` a non-duplicate ID now works unless the
--haltflag is given. This means that incoming collections that contain duplicate IDs will not fail out.
New in version 0.7.1:
- Fixed bug where ALE's without 'Scan Filename' fields could not parse correctly.
New in version 0.7:
The biggest change in 0.7 is the addition of collection format support.
.ccc, Color Correction Collections, can now be parsed and written.
Color Decision Lists, can now be parsed and written.
.flex files now return a collection.
- New script flags:
--checkflag to script, which checks all parsed :class:`ColorCorrects` for sane values, and prints warnings to shell
--destinationflag to the script, which allows user to specify the output directory converted files will be written to.
--no-ouputflag to the script, which goes through the entire conversion process but doesn't actually write anything to disk. Useful for troubleshooting, especially when combined with
--haltflag to the script, which halts on errors that can be resolved safely (such as negative slope or power values)
- Renames :class:`ColorCollectionBase` to :class:`ColorCollection` , since it will be used directly by both
parse_cccwhich returns a :class:`ColorCollection` .
write_cccwhich writes a :class:`ColorCollection` as a
parse_cdlwhich returns a :class:`ColorCollection` .
write_cdlwhich returns a :class:`ColorCollection` as a
- :class:`ColorCollection` is now a fully functional container class, with many attributes and methods.
- Added :class:`ColorDecision` , which stores either a :class:`ColorCorrection` or :class:`ColorCorrectionRef` , and an optional :class:`MediaRef`
- Added :class:`ColorCorrectionRef` , which stores a reference to a :class:`ColorCorrection`
parentattribute to :class:`ColorCorrection` .
sat_nodeon a :class:`ColorCorrection` before attempting to set a SOP or Sat power now works.
cdl_fileinit argument renamed to
input_file, which is now optional and able to be set after init.
parse_rnh_cdlnow only yield a single :class:`ColorCorrection` , not a single member list.
- Added dev-requirements.txt (contains
determine_destmethods now take a second
directoryargument, which determines the output directory.
sanity_checkfunction which prints values which might be unusual to stdout.
cdl_filearg renamed to
input_fileand now accepts a either a raw string or an
cdl_filearg renamed to
edl_filearg renamed to
edl_filearg renamed to
- Python Structure Refactoring
configmodule, which should now be referenced and set by importing the entire
configmodule, and referencing or setting
- Script functionality remains in
cdl_convert.cdl_convert, but everything else has been moved out.
- :class:`AscColorSpaceBase` , :class:`AscDescBase` , :class:`AscXMLBase` and :class:`ColorNodeBase` now live under
- :class:`ColorCollection` now lives in
- :class:`ColorCorrection` , :class:`SatNode` and :class:`SopNode` now live under
- :class:`ColorDecision` , :class:`ColorCorrectionRef` and :class:`MediaRef` now live under
- All parse functions now live under
- All write functions now live under
sanity_checknow live under
reset_allnow lives under the main module
Table of Contents
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 usage usage_cc usage_ccc installation changelog support faq contributing license cdl_convert