Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
We've reached 1,000+ (!) servers for this tiny and simplistically designed bot! Thanks to all who have added it to their servers and self-host it!
As usual: please use the autoinstaller on macOS / Linux or Windows to install the initial modules and files -- alternatively one may just follow the Git instructions on the GitBooks/README :-) Do not update using the installer scripts. Just
git pull for updating.
You'll need to setup a database (such as what we use - MongoDB - or any Enmap v3 supported persistence provider like Postgres, SQLite, LevelDB) to use here...more on that soon (AKA when someone bothers me about it xD)
The README contains all the relevant information. There is a quick script that will install all the dependencies on macOS/Linux systems. Windows installation is also pretty seamless with the
2.0.0...master [all commits since v2.0.0]
Click for a screenshot
Live Screenshot from KarmaBot
• Added color and nested color to many of the console log events using the fast ansi-colors lib, as well as fully formatted timestamps.
- Added check which responds with a “how-to” of sorts if you just ping the bot without anything (
- Added channels (total across bot) and - for no particular reason, the WS trace endpoint the bot is connected to on Discord’s gateway to the
- Removed Listcord from the bot listing sites as it's dead. RIP or something
- Fixed (this was already on the public bot) so users can lookup Karma even if they’re assigned the “NoKarma” role; updated
@KarmaBot helpwith this. Note: a user obviously cannot add/subtract Karma still with the “NoKarma” role.
- Changed (minor) scripts for Travis; use ESLint & Standard (redundant because ¯_(ツ)_/¯
shrinkwrap.yamllockfile (pnpm is used here, highly recommend).
- Removed unused deps and updated packages
- Require Node v10+ because modernity - update error check accordingly
- Locked Enmap to 3.x.x as 4.x.x does not support providers anymore — we currently use MongoDB but any others (Postgres, SQLite, LevelDB) would work with a few line changes (See: https://enmap.evie.codes/blog-posts/reason for 4.x.x only supporting SQLIte)
- Minor cleanups/notated ESLint flags for clarity
- Refactor some parts of the code (minor)
- Switch to using axios and a non-blocking, ES8 async post to all the Discord Bot lists (public bot)
(direct invite link): https://bot.discord.io/karmabot
- Update README for MongoDB and database-config instructions (Some basics are pointed out) - someone bother me about it please!