Shinken Web User Interface
As you may have noticed, the activity on the Shinken framework is very low since several months/years as of now :/ Since few months it also exists an alternative monitoring framework (Alignak).
The Shinken Web User Interface is now compatibl with Shinken and Alignak frameworks.
Please note that the screen captures used to illustrate some pages are not up to date with the most recent version!
It has been tested successfully with the last Shinken framework versions. As of today, it has been tested with Shinken 2.4.0 and 2.4.1 versions.
The Shinken WebUI is started at the same time as the Shinken broker. It is configured by setting a few basic parameters in several modules.
WebUI is built upon a main application and it uses several modules to delegate some actions:
- authentication modules, used to authenticate users that log in
- storing modules, used to make parameters persistent
- graphing modules, used to display graphs built from metrics
- logs module, used to make available hosts/services activity
- availability module, used to compute hosts availability
The new WebUI embeds its own modules for authentication, storage, logs and availability, whereas simplifying installation and configuration.